Zgemma H.2S factory reset

jungletim

I've got wooshbuild on Zgemma H.2S can i remove this ? I've tried to factory reset, but seems to be stuck on the wooshbuild logo screen,.
its been like this for half hour, any suggestions or have i bricked it ?
please help

Go on to Zgemma webpage and you are able to choose the firmware to flash it back to an image available there. Not a fan of the build?

I've got wooshbuild on Zgemma H.2S can i remove this ?

What is something I said? :(

what would you recommend ?

This is the latest OpenATV 5.1 firmware - it is the nightly build. It is direct from their site.

It will flash you box and put it back to the day you bought it complete with setup wizard.

http://images.mynonpublic.com/openatv/current/zgemmah2s/openatv-5.1-zgemmah2s-20160226_usb.zip

This is the page it comes from: openATV Nightly Downloads

When you flash with this firmware, you will need to get ready to press the front button on the box when it says USB on the front display. Or rename the file on this image called noforce - rename it to force.

Last edited:
what would you recommend ?

It's personal preference my friend, I use openATV but that's partly because I have downloaded woosh's fantastic build. Have a look at his sticky thread as it gives screenshots accompanied by an easy to follow step by step guide

Just a couple of weeks into all this jumped from open box v8s to Zgemma yesterday, it's a steep learning curve lol but hopefully I will get there .
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a couple of weeks into all this jumped from open box v8s to Zgemma yesterday, it's a steep learning curve lol but hopefully I will get there .
Thanks

The most import thing really is to keep a copy of your line safe. You can then flash, crash, swap images etc etc etc as and when you like, and you never need to worry about backing up your line first as you have it in a safe place.

yes good advice and the forum is great, its been of huge assistance to me and i agree the wooshbuild is great.

the problem I've got at the moment is I started out just a couple of weeks ago as i said on a openbox A8S got total screwed on price lol, what i want to do is use the line i have on open box and use it on the zgemma been at it for hours and can't get it to run, im
demented.

I've got a mac notebook pro which is great and an old pc laptop with windows 7 which is a nightmare and I've been trying to insert the line using filezilla from my mac

any suggestions ?

---------- Post Merged at 10:09 AM ----------

this is the line and it was in the MGCamd setup and in the newcamd.list on the open box.

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
CWS=********.******.org ***** ********** letme567 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13
tried for hours now to get it running, but still watching coronation st lol

Your 14 is missing on the end of your line, is it missing or did you just not paste it in here?

Download mgcamd1.38 & cccam2.3 & all files - Downloads - TechKings and extract somewhere.

Open the newcamd.list file in the mgcamand folder paste your line details into it and save.

FTP both newcamd.list and mg_cfg to the folder called usr/keys

Now goto softcam panel, select mgcamd_1.38r1 and press the green button

Last edited:
Jungletim...if you're struggling using the FTP then try downloading dream explorer via the plugin route.
Once installed you can use the remote to install the line via usr/keys.

could just be how you've written it but looking at the line example you have given... there is no space before & after the = sign... you need them:-

CWS = ****** ****** ****** ***** 01 02 03....13 14

just missed the 14 when i copied and pasted.

will try that but it sounds daunting, but will get there i hope, thanks again for your help

---------- Post Merged at 10:32 AM ----------

i took that from the usb dump but will try it with the spaces

I've downloaded the dream box explorer, could you give me a little guidance please ?

cheers

---------- Post Merged at 01:14 PM ----------

no the build is fantastic was just going to start from scratch

Having started from scratch jungletim, did you download the latest version 2.50? It has been up a couple of days.

Anyway, put your newcamd.list and mc_cfg files onto a usb stick and put it in the box (still switched on)

Start Dream Explorer
Navigate to select the USB you put in
Highlight newcamd.list.

Now using the coloured buttons (YELLOW) you can copy / Move the file to a location where you need it. It needs to go in usr/keys which is in the main file system
Then go back and do the same for the mg_cfg file

Then you can continue step 6 of the instructions load your cam.

Something like:
Menu -> Info Panel ->Softcam Panel
Press Left button once - This puts mgcamd_1.38r1 as "Select Cam 1"
Now press the green button.

Try your channels

thanks for that, will give it a bash, but starting to feel out of my depth but I'm sure with help fro you guys on the forum i will get there.
cheers

---------- Post Merged at 01:45 PM ----------

yes got v 2.50

Hey we are all here and most of the time. What one doesn't know, someone else will. Some will do it one way, others will do it another.

FTP using filezilla is quicker.

You basically copy your two files into the usr/keys folder and that's that. Dream Explorer is great when there is no other way and others swear by it.

Shout if you need us :pop smiley: we are waiting :-)

Got Filezilla and tried so many times could you give me a quick step by step for filezilla I'm trying to swap files from openbox v8s to Zgemma H.2S

Thanks in advance

You don't need to swap files.

You basically need your line details and nothing more. Not the file, purely the text itself.

This:
CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
CWS = ********.******.org ***** ********** letme567 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

Simply do the following:

Extract the zip I sent you the link to. It will give you 3 files: cccam.cfg, newcamd.list and mg_cfg. You only need the last two.

Open newcamd.list and enter your line details into it - now save it

Open filezilla. in the address box type: zgemmah2s (or enter the box ip address if you know it), username is root, password is blank and press enter
It should now be connected to your box

On the left side of filezilla locate the two files newcamd.list and mg_cam
On the right side, open the usr/keys folder

Now transfer the two from the left over to the right.

Once that is done you can put your TV on Sky 1

then:
Menu -> Info Panel ->Softcam Panel
Press Left button once - This puts mgcamd_1.38r1 as "Select Cam 1"
Now press the green button.

Back