Zgemma H.2S or H.2H

shah1

Hi all,

New to the forum and Linux sat boxes. After doing a bit of research I narrowed it down to a VU+ Solo2 box but then stumbled across the Zgemma boxes. These come in at a slightly cheaper price point but is there a difference between the two companies, if so, what are the benefits of having the more expensive box.

Also, I'm currently a Virgin fibre customer, so would there be any benefit in going for the H.2H over the H.2S sat box? I'm completely new to all this and so, initially considered purchasing a box that had everything done, i.e. cccam installed, image flashed with all the plugins. But would it be easier to just do it myself and save a few quid?

Thanks

Save a few quid, there's plenty of free images on here that are already set up. Lines will also likely be more reliable.

H.2S - 2 x Sat tuners - you'll be able to watch and record from sat at the same time (and only need a sat line).
H.2H - 1 x Sat, 1 x Cable - Can get HD through cable, can watch one thing on sat and record another only cable. Will need two separate lines.

Save a few quid, there's plenty of free images on here that are already set up. Lines will also likely be more reliable.

H.2S - 2 x Sat tuners - you'll be able to watch and record from sat at the same time (and only need a sat line).
H.2H - 1 x Sat, 1 x Cable - Can get HD through cable, can watch one thing on sat and record another only cable. Will need two separate lines.

Hi Biohead, I've just placed an order for a H.2H. I now need some help in setting this box up as I am a complete novice :beg:
Am I right in thinking I only Virgin fibre to get the cable channels? If so, what else do I need to complete the set up?

A bit of a noob question, but how will I wire it all together? I'm aware that my current Sky box has two cables going into the box but how will the Virgin side work? I've only got their broadband, not tivo.

A bit of a noob question, but how will I wire it all together? I'm aware that my current Sky box has two cables going into the box but how will the Virgin side work? I've only got their broadband, not tivo.

The VM feed coming into your property will require a 3 way splitter added. The VM feed goes into the in part of the splitter, then you can split off to the router leaving another out for you to split the feed to the box

The VM feed coming into your property will require a 3 way splitter added. The VM feed goes into the in part of the splitter, then you can split off to the router leaving another out for you to split the feed to the box

Any links of what this splitter looks like and where it could be bought? Thanks

Any links of what this splitter looks like and where it could be bought? Thanks

http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/95858-correct-cable-splitters-use.html

Only get a splitter which has exactly enough ports you need (otherwise you'll degrade the signal).

So if you only have one for the broadband and one for the box then you need a two way splitter.

I could be wrong here but, i do believe the h2h has two cable tuners not 1 cable and one sky sooo, you can have two cable feeds to it and record one channel while watching another. But, you may possibly need two lines to do that.

Can someone back that up for me? Like I say, I'm not 100% but I am pretty sure

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

I could be wrong here but, i do believe the h2h has two cable tuners not 1 cable and one sky sooo, you can have two cable feeds to it and record one channel while watching another. But, you may possibly need two lines to do that.

Can someone back that up for me? Like I say, I'm not 100% but I am pretty sure

Nope, just one cable tuner and one sat tuner. The cable tuner has loop-out functionality if you're seeing the extra connector on the back - it's not a 3rd tuner.

He's correct. I just checked on zgemma site. Well I was gonna upgrade from h2 to h2h for that exact reason. Pointless now. I thought the h2h was two cable and the h2s was two sky. How wrong I was

He's correct. I just checked on zgemma site. Well I was gonna upgrade from h2 to h2h for that exact reason. Pointless now. I thought the h2h was two cable and the h2s was two sky. How wrong I was

H2H/H2S is significantly faster than the H2/2S. That's a worthwhile benefit alone.

Another question, what format would an external HDD need to be in to be used with my H.2H?
FAT32, or you could format it directly on the box but you'll struggle to read it on PCs if you need to.

Yea it is faster but for what I want it to do there's no need.

Another question, what format would an external HDD need to be in to be used with my H.2H?
FAT32, or you could format it directly on the box but you'll struggle to read it on PCs if you need to.[/QUOTE]

Im on a Mac, just formatted the HDD to MS DOS (FAT) which I believe is FAT32. Hope it works.

Ps ya cannot do it on a Mac. Unless you have a decent extra software or its already been done on pc

Ps ya cannot do it on a Mac. Unless you have a decent extra software or its already been done on pc

Pretty sure I have done it using disk utility - now showing MS DOS (FAT32) on info for drive.

Disk utility on Mac will not work. At all. Trust me. Tried for 3 hours

Back