ZGemma H2.h FreeSat issues

TimJay84

Hello you wonderful lot 😄

I need some assistance please. Decided to make the leap away from Sky, and have a Zgemma H2.h box. I have Open ATV 6.4 with Groggbuild, which was flashed yesterday.

For some reason, I am only picking up 49 channels through the satellite feed, and as shown in the picture, the satellite is the correct one (28.2E Astra 2E) I am only picking up some foreign channels, but not the usual freesat you would expect. It does find ITV HD however, but no BBC1, 2, CH4 etc.

I looked on threads and forums first, and have tried a few suggestions first. For example, during the Grogbuild via Putty, I input the Satellite choice above required, the region etc, but it hasn't reflected in the channel list. I have looked under Auto Bouquets Maker and selected 'Free Sat = Yes' and set FTA to yes as previously suggested . Rescanned and still not picking up the usual FreeSat channels. I have tried updating provider files in case of outdated ABM, and it runs then tells me it is the latest version.

Am I missing something glaringly obvious? My next steps are either adding Satellites manually (ballache) or reflash and double check I selected right satellites during install (even more ballache) but in fairness as shown in the picture I am on the right Satelite searching.

Regarding the hardware, one of the twin cable feeds is plugged into the main tuner, and the left I was told to keep empty unless I have cable services etc photo attached. I have tried checking a scan with alternate feed wires and get different results but still no standard terrestrial channels.

I did also try scanning via ABM and it failed as per the enclosed pic.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20220104_185047.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 13
  • 20220104_183001.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 8
  • 20220104_182741.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 6
  • 20220104_181042.jpg
    8.5 MB · Views: 7
Have you checked in signal finder what s.n.r are
You recieving on the transponder To prove that
Your satellite dish is not out off Alignment or your l.n.b is not faulty

With in the system plugins there is a plugin You can download called Diseqc checker If you do a check and get failure between EFG on the transponder you will have faulty satellite equipment

Have you checked in signal finder what s.n.r are
You recieving on the transponder To prove that
Your satellite dish is not out off Alignment or your l.n.b is not faulty
Thanks for the prompt response! So I hadn't used signal finder previously, but just have now. It isn't picking up any channels through signal finder, but is picking up channels through a automatic scan. Have enclosed setup pics

Attachments

• 20220104_191125.jpg
    8.5 MB · Views: 7
  • 20220104_191125.jpg
    8.5 MB · Views: 6
  • 20220104_190931.jpg
    9 MB · Views: 4
  • 20220104_190919.jpg
    9.5 MB · Views: 6
With in the system plugins there is a plugin You can download called Diseqc checker If you do a check and get failure between EFG on the transponder you will have faulty satellite equipment
Always wonder what it was as need my glasses to read it " Diseqc Fecker '

Do you have/had SKY Q ??

You need Universal l.n.b Thats why you only are
Recieving 49 channels Also if you are not using the switchable tunner set it to not configured

Did you ask for a hybrid lnb which does Q in one room and freesat in another ?

If only 2 cables from it is the normal Q lnb

Sorry for my ignorance, but I don't know whether that means I cannot use the ZGemma box for FreeSat? How do I get Universal LNB? Do I need a seperate dish? Tempted to chuck it in the bin and get a Nvidia Shield at this rate 😆😆

Lnb is the knob on dish that takes the cables as can be swapped over

Until you get the lnb changed over to a universal one zgemma is a no go

I would ask if you were going to update box to a better model eg Zgemma h7s as that would give you a chance to record when lnb was changed and have 2 feeds from lnb

As not used Q i assume universal lnb can use both cables to give 2 tuner operations once lnb was changed.

I would ask if you were going to update box to a better model eg Zgemma h7s as that would give you a chance to record when lnb was changed and have 2 feeds from lnb

As not used Q i assume universal lnb can use both cables to give 2 tuner operations once lnb was changed.
Okay thanks. Makes sense. I think I might get a different box and swerve the satellite route. I have 1GB broadband and just need a fast processor box to stream IPTV so Nvidia might be best option according to the reviews 😕

I would advise to get the lnb changed at least then you have a backup if broadband goes down.
The amount of people that move to iptv and remove sat stuff and regretted it ??

People have all their eggs in one basket then wonder why the crap happens why service is lost.
Multiple routes covered then your safe
But
If you die you aint going to complain ??

I would advise to get the lnb changed at least then you have a backup if broadband goes down.
The amount of people that move to iptv and remove sat stuff and regretted it ??

People have all their eggs in one basket then wonder why the crap happens why service is lost.
Multiple routes covered then your safe
But
If you die you aint going to complain ??
Great advice! Thank you :)

Back