Zgemma H2H constant glitching.

hi, i have had my Zgemma h2h with vermin cable for about a year now with minimal problems. Now my box is glitching (not from the provider because i have tried 3 different ones) and i have checked every cable twice. i have even grabbed an old vermin box and connected it up and FTA works with no issues. my SNR ranges from 69% to 75%. is there a fault with my zgemma box? i am running Open ATV 6.1 with wooshbuild infinity and mgcamd.

any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Check the power levels in the router
tpye 192.168.0.1 in a browser and find the downstream data, looking for dbmv and rxmer data

if you're running atv 6.1 then chances are your Autobouquetsmaker is out of date. I would seriously consider reflashing your box with upto date software and then go from there.

hi, i have had my Zgemma h2h with vermin cable for about a year now with minimal problems. Now my box is glitching (not from the provider because i have tried 3 different ones) and i have checked every cable twice. i have even grabbed an old vermin box and connected it up and FTA works with no issues. my SNR ranges from 69% to 75%. is there a fault with my zgemma box? i am running Open ATV 6.1 with wooshbuild infinity and mgcamd.

any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
My h2h box was doing the same on atv 6.2 wooshbuild infinity. I removed the usb stick I used for recording rebooted the box and has been glitch free for past week ( as recommended by pabloscan )on another thread
Works a treat

My h2h box was doing the same on atv 6.2 wooshbuild infinity. I removed the usb stick I used for recording rebooted the box and has been glitch free for past week ( as recommended by pabloscan )on another thread
Works a treat
Did you then re connect the usb stick after re booting ?

No just left it off don’t record mutch
you are open to other issues, the epg is normally stored on the usb stick, if no usb stick then it uses internal memory which there is not much off so you could end up with just a partial epg or worse if you fill the internal memory the box could crash and need reflashing. ALWAYS USE EXTERNAL STORAGE of some sort

Yeah , you should try maybe a higher capacity, I use a seagate expansion 1TB, never had any bother on 3 different boxes over the last few years.

There are some devices, ~~USB and external HDD that are causing freeze/glitch on some boxes, not found out yet what makes/models are affected but removal gives instant results.
Never had a problem myself with Sandisk Cruzer Blade usb, never used external HDD of any kind but there is definitely something not right somewhere.
Not pinned it down to one type of box neither but have a list of a dozen users who have removed storage devices and seen massive improvement

With these old boxes do you not need cacheflush and swapfile and use a good make of usb that is mounted correctly.
Two pin plugs wont have an earth coaxial cables for tuners have the braiding for the earth dont they?

I havent had any problems with freezing, with a hdd device plugged in, but a friend has major problems with lots of channels freezing, not a provider problem as he has had a few different ones, and he has tried several tests, still the same, so he unplugged his hdd and still getting freezing, ITV channels, music channels, +1s channels are the worst, also when he has not changed channel in a while and then goes and does turn the box onto another channel, it takes awhile longer to change and he gets the blue circle in the top left corner of his screen, but with the hdd device unplugged, this didnt happen, the channels switched quickly and no blue circle, so he knows the hdd causes that, but the freezin continues.

I havent had any problems with freezing, with a hdd device plugged in, but a friend has major problems with lots of channels freezing, not a provider problem as he has had a few different ones, and he has tried several tests, still the same, so he unplugged his hdd and still getting freezing, ITV channels, music channels, +1s channels are the worst, also when he has not changed channel in a while and then goes and does turn the box onto another channel, it takes awhile longer to change and he gets the blue circle in the top left corner of his screen, but with the hdd device unplugged, this didnt happen, the channels switched quickly and no blue circle, so he knows the hdd causes that, but the freezin continues.
I don’t think it matters what you do hdd in or out some days my box freezes constantly then other days it’s perfect I think we have to wait until openatv stops messing about then everything will hopefully settle

Back