Zgemma H2H + VM Broadband =Pixellation?

Ordered the VM HDU splitter and that seems to have fixed the issue. Haven’t checked the power levels, but line is perfect now. Thanks for all the help on this! :laughing:(y)
Hi I have the same issue what booster did you buy can yu guide me how to install it have not got a clue

Hi I have the same issue what booster did you buy can yu guide me how to install it have not got a clue
Virgin Media cable/signal booster CATV 2 way HDU 200 Sky Aerial Freeview Booster | eBay

One of these mate.

Installation is pretty straight forward, at the back of the splitter it has labels on the ports (1 for power, 1 for input and 2 for outputs)
Connect it like a normal splitter, only difference is you have it to a plug socket.

If you get stuck with installing, just let us know (y)

Virgin Media cable/signal booster CATV 2 way HDU 200 Sky Aerial Freeview Booster | eBay

One of these mate.

Installation is pretty straight forward, at the back of the splitter it has labels on the ports (1 for power, 1 for input and 2 for outputs)
Connect it like a normal splitter, only difference is you have it to a plug socket.

I have brought the same one on the back were its label PSU is that were you plug in the adapter and the port next to it label NET is that were Yu connect the cable from the white box inside my property to the port label net I also have out 1 and out 2 port I take it one is for router and out2 is for my zgemma box I think

Just does not make sense to be using an attenuator and then a booster ??

But sure if its working.......its working. :smiley:

Sorry only just saw this message.

I disconnected the attenuator - I now only have the HDU connected.
And the HDU alone is working wonders.

No issues with channels and no interference on the H2H when I’m connected to WiFi on other devices.
Not sure about the technical side to it all but it seems to be working, so happy days!

May be unrelated, but last 2 days ive had virmin sat outside in a van for a while playing on a tablet. Could the HDU have anything to do with this?

One of these mate.

Connect it like a normal splitter, the only difference is you have it to a plug socket.

Ok bought one of these out of curiosity, to see how it would work on my set up, screenshot_4 my levels before with a 6db attenuator fitted into the splitter.
Screenshot 9 is connected to the booster, no attenuator, just set up as recommended.
Screenshot 10 is with attenuator connected to the booster, just for results purposes.

So it seems to me that with the booster fitted my downstream has shot up massively, taking me over -6 to +10
Where i would have thought it would have dropped it down to nearer +1 +2 etc
Is that right ? or have i done something wrong.

Attachments

• Screenshot_4.jpg
    Screenshot_4.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_9.jpg
    Screenshot_9.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot _10.jpg
    Screenshot _10.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 9
Power levels should be between -6 and +10 ... a different attenuator may be required. The SNR db levels are still low though - they should ideally be 37/38 and if they get as low as 35 and under, this can cause pixellation.

Power levels should be between -6 and +10 ... a different attenuator may be required. The SNR db levels are still low though - they should ideally be 37/38 and if they get as low as 35 and under, this can cause pixellation.
Tried another and it was the same, I thought the cable signal booster would have a positive effect in terms of downstream readings, but it seems it went the other way.

New to all this and trying to figure it all out.

Was the other one that you tried the same one with the same numbers on it?

Also, are you using all VM cables and is there any other splitters or devices in use?

Was the other one that you tried the same one with the same numbers on it?

Also, are you using all VM cables and is there any other splitters or devices in use?
I tried this one 1st pic
Currently using this one 2nd pic
And currently using this splitter
Using wf100 webro cable as main cable from outside to splitter and same cable from router to splitter, and a White cable from screwfix with a moulded plugs for connecting splitter to box.

Attachments

• E104F008-561B-4540-8AAA-D7C2EBFE7E0E.jpeg
    E104F008-561B-4540-8AAA-D7C2EBFE7E0E.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 7
  • D96D8F2B-60E1-4A21-BD6C-4D616F77D8E5.jpeg
    D96D8F2B-60E1-4A21-BD6C-4D616F77D8E5.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 9
  • E6967248-7A3B-4497-B1F4-140BCAD4AC3D.jpeg
    E6967248-7A3B-4497-B1F4-140BCAD4AC3D.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 9
I'd change that Labgear splitter - i've had issues with those 5-1000mhz ones but i've used the Labgear 5-2400mhz ones and they have been fine ... seems hit and miss but i'd deffo try a different splitter rather than that Labgear one. Also, what cables are you using on the splitter (the 2 outlets I mean).

Using webro cable which is supposed to be premium cable from splitter to modem and a cable from screwfix for the splitter to the zgemma. The only thing I have changed in the last few months is this see pic. My main cable from outside was attached to this and then a cable from that to my splitter via an attenuator.

Attachments

• D770984C-1465-4C06-85AA-A61BA3EE2EAD.jpeg
    D770984C-1465-4C06-85AA-A61BA3EE2EAD.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 5
Back