zgemma h2s - Channel freezing/pixelating

vjakee

Hi, I use the suls script with my sub. When I watch sly sports in SD or HD it will keep pixelating and then go back to normal for 30 seconds and then pixelate again. HOWEVER, if I watch in FHD(1080p) it runs perfectly fine, no pixelating. The channels still freeze at random points, and I then have to change the channel back and fourth and it's back to normal. It's really annoying and I've tried so many things, looked at other threads as well and still no luck. I run Wooshbuild 7, I've reflashed, I've used the serviceapp, I changed the stream types to IPTV as well.

The pixelating has always happened since I got the zgemma, the channel freezing is new though, around a month now it's been doing it. I've tried a different sub as well.

Any help would be hugely appreciated! I'll sort you out if you fix the problem for me lol, it's driving me mad!

Welcome to the joys of IPTV.

The H2s struggles to run high bit streams at the best of times however notwithstanding that, this is really a problem where your provider should be working with you to try and resolve these sort of issues.
There are myriad reasons that can affect IPTV not least your equipment and your DSL stability.

Thanks for your reply!

720p and under channels, it pixelates. 1080p it doesn't, how odd?! The freezing is like every 40 minutes now, soo annoying and it's literally the last month this has been happening. The pixelating though has been constant.

Anyone got anything I can try? Or anyone else experiencing the same problem?

EDIT: My Service reference is 1:0:1 I've changed the player to ext3player as well, could this be why I've been having problems? Maybe it's not changed the player... any help on this?

Last edited:
Does nobody know? It's freezing every 15 or so minutes now, unwatchable.

Since this config file as well, I don't know how to change IPTV Stream Type. If anyone can solve the channel freezing (probs something simple) I'll buy you a few beers :(y):

I use lots of H2s boxes and not had any problems apart from the occasional glitch .All you can do is Check your internet and make sure any family filters are turned off.Check hard drive is initialized and epg is stored to hard drive and not to internal flash.Set up a swap file and maybe cacheflush but failing that I would say it is a provider issue.

Thanks so much for your replies. I've done all of them, formandvoid. This is happening to my friend as well. I used the same wooshbuild, is there a way I can update it or do I need to reflash using an updated wooshbuild? I got the image in early February from eBay already setup and it was the latest version then. Has there been an update then?

Thanks so much for your replies. I've done all of them, formandvoid. This is happening to my friend as well. I used the same wooshbuild, is there a way I can update it or do I need to reflash using an updated wooshbuild? I got the image in early February from eBay already setup and it was the latest version then. Has there been an update then?

I would do a fresh reflash,not sure when it was updated but you can download the latest one from here
http://www.wooshbuild.co.uk/downloads.php

When I get the time I'm going to do a vanilla reflash of Wooshbuild, most likely tomorrow.

If it happens again, I'm going to buy a new box.

What box shall I get? Formuler F1 or VU+ Solo 2 - Hopefully a better box should solve the freezing if the reflash doesn't work. I want either one of them so I can use Wooshbuild and the solid IPTV Player for films :)

When I get the time I'm going to do a vanilla reflash of Wooshbuild, most likely tomorrow.

If it happens again, I'm going to buy a new box.

What box shall I get? Formuler F1 or VU+ Solo 2 - Hopefully a better box should solve the freezing if the reflash doesn't work. I want either one of them so I can use Wooshbuild and the solid IPTV Player for films :)

Hang fire.
before you start buying new boxes and what-not, you said this is happening to your friends as well.
Are these friends using the same iptv provider as you by any chance?
Try different tests from a few different providers as it's highly likely to be a provider issue, see @formandvoid's post higher up at post #7

a long time ago i had issues freezing and the like, my provider suggested changing my dns to Googles. i thought bs but tried it anyway, it fixed my problem.

Ok, this week I'll do a completely new reflash with nothing on it and I'll try a different provider. I'll also change the DNS settings mate and see if that solves it before doing the above.

Thanks again for your help guys! Any other suggestions please post them :)

Ok, this week I'll do a completely new reflash with nothing on it and I'll try a different provider. I'll also change the DNS settings mate and see if that solves it before doing the above.

Thanks again for your help guys! Any other suggestions please post them :)

Back