zgemma h2s Fatal signal

mac57

Hi folks, wondering if anyone can help, was installing WB infinity but froze half way through Installation so rebooted box, now box is stuck in a loop, boots up only so far and then receive a message telling me fatal signal and then it reboots itself, wont flash and cant get into it to do a factory reset, does anyone know how to do a factory reset through putty for example.
The message I'm getting is. Your Receiver encountered a software problem, and needs to be restarted. Please send logfile/home/root/logs/enigma2-crash-xxxxxx.log to opena.tv Your receiver restarts in 10 seconds!
I cant get into the receiver to copy logfile hope someone has a solution, prefrably not a big hammer, thanks in advance for any response

Just tried again with a Kingston DT 100 G2 still no joy, will keep trying though, cheers mate
Are you trying to flash the right image for your box as @steptoe has mentioned done a deep format on usb stick then formatted to fat32 use only 4-8 gig usb to flash you are just putting the zgemma file onto usb once unzipped

Are you trying to flash the right image for your box as @steptoe has mentioned done a deep format on usb stick then formatted to fat32 use only 4-8 gig usb to flash you are just putting the zgemma file onto usb once unzipped
Just tried again with a deep format, still won't flash, need to find a way to factory reset otherwise its getting the hammer, thanks anyway Baz much appreciated

Just tried again with a deep format, still won't flash, need to find a way to factory reset otherwise its getting the hammer, thanks anyway Baz much appreciated
Don't factory reset the box as that could brick it try holding power button on front of box when you turn it on when trying to reflash it

Don't factory reset the box as that could brick it try holding power button on front of box when you turn it on when trying to reflash it
Tried that as well mate, no joy it seems to be trying to install latest WB each time getting to language Installation then getting Fatal signal, just wont flash anythin

Tried that as well mate, no joy it seems to be trying to install latest WB each time getting to language Installation then getting Fatal signal, just wont flash anythin
sorry that's why I was wanting to do a factory reset from there would be easier to reinstall open atv and latest WB

box isnt able to read the usb, it will just keep passing by the usb until you have it correctly formatted (full low level format then full fat32 format with windows). if one usb isnt working try another, not many usb's wont flash a box IF prepared correctly

Sorry late posting a reply, was away on holiday, firstly a big thank you to all who tried to help me out, have it now sorted as you all suggested was indeed the usb stick, had tried various ones and ones that had flashed previously, but went and got a new one anyway almost sure was wasting my money, worked straight away, if it hadn't been for you guys would have binned it, so big thanks again !!!

Sorry late posting a reply, was away on holiday, firstly a big thank you to all who tried to help me out, have it now sorted as you all suggested was indeed the usb stick, had tried various ones and ones that had flashed previously, but went and got a new one anyway almost sure was wasting my money, worked straight away, if it hadn't been for you guys would have binned it, so big thanks again !!!

Might be worth letting us know what kind of stick you bought? SanDisk seem to create problems IMHO, I’ve used Transend and they seem to be better.

Back