zgemma h2s Fatal signal

Might be worth letting us know what kind of stick you bought? SanDisk seem to create problems IMHO, I’ve used Transend and they seem to be better.
Hi mate, strangely was a SanDisk that I bought, did a quick format and flashed no problem, think I tried 6 or 7 diffrent sticks different makes and sizes so when everyone was telling me it was the stick was very sceptical, will do as I'm told next time :-)

for a long time many have said Zgemma are fussy with usb's, I dont find this to be true as I have flashed so many boxes with so many usb's (zgemma & others), while the odd usb may not work 99% will flash once prepared properly (low level format before fat32 windows format), even usb sticks that once flashed & no longer will can be made to flash again IF prepared correctly from scratch. Many have problems getting a usb stick into a state that the box can read from it & then wrongly assume the usb or box are dead/faulty... they will be perfectly fine once flashed.
The need to low level format a usb only applies to USED usb pen drives... A way round the need to low level format is to buy a NEW usb stick (when new they dont need any low level prep, a simple fat32 format then flash files loading then it should be good to go).

As a tip: IF you intend to flash more than once use a dedicated usb to use just for flashing... buy/find the smallest capcity usb you can 2gb - 4gb are perfect but I have used larger, the reason for using small capacity usb's is because it can take hours to prep larger drives!! (smaller is better for flashing).

for a long time many have said Zgemma are fussy with usb's, I dont find this to be true as I have flashed so many boxes with so many usb's (zgemma & others), while the odd usb may not work 99% will flash once prepared properly (low level format before fat32 windows format), even usb sticks that once flashed & no longer will can be made to flash again IF prepared correctly from scratch. Many have problems getting a usb stick into a state that the box can read from it & then wrongly assume the usb or box are dead/faulty... they will be perfectly fine once flashed.
The need to low level format a usb only applies to USED usb pen drives... A way round the need to low level format is to buy a NEW usb stick (when new they dont need any low level prep, a simple fat32 format then flash files loading then it should be good to go).

As a tip: IF you intend to flash more than once use a dedicated usb to use just for flashing... buy/find the smallest capcity usb you can 2gb - 4gb are perfect but I have used larger, the reason for using small capacity usb's is because it can take hours to prep larger drives!! (smaller is better for flashing).

Great advice !!

Back