Zgemma H2S Freesat?

Hi. So I'm looking at buying a Zgemma H2S moving from a Windows Media centre machine I've tried Linux with my DVBSky but doesn't work so I'm looking at buying a Zgemma Satellite box for Freesat HD + however I can't find much about this box with Freesat only seen things for Sky etc. Now I'm wondering will this box work with Freesat + HD? Or will it need to be flashed? Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Thanks.

Jack.

You can flash them and make them look like sly if you want and it is not has hard as you may think. The Zgemma comes with Open ATV as standard and will work straight out of the box. Wooshbuild is popular as it does look like a sly box setup and it has IPTV as well as a bonus. But do not think that is all there are, few more to out there play with.

Yeah i agree with asvice aboce

---------- Post Merged at 12:44 PM ----------

Also, I have bought a Zgemma Star for the Sly Wooshbuild V5, there are links to where to buy them at the foot of this page under Partners but I got my blank one on Fleabay.

Hi. So I'm looking at buying a Zgemma H2S moving from a Windows Media centre machine I've tried Linux with my DVBSky but doesn't work so I'm looking at buying a Zgemma Satellite box for Freesat HD + however I can't find much about this box with Freesat only seen things for Sky etc. Now I'm wondering will this box work with Freesat + HD? Or will it need to be flashed? Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Thanks.

Jack.

Jack - I recently retired my old media center PC. I run a Humax PVR for Freeview and now the Zgemma H2S for freesat. The Zgemma is actually better than I was expecting and now use it as my main viewing box. The HD recordings are not encrypted like on the Humax - which is a big plus.
I run the Wooshbuild (download and then flash the box) which is very good. My recordings and downloads are written to my NAS over my local LAN. It's not perfect but pretty dam good, plus if you like tinkering then you have lots of scope.
I'm not currently using a CAM so only have F2A channels, you need to delete all the SKY ones or tinker around with the bouquets.

Thanks for all of you're replies. Bigfoot16 problem is with my PVR is that the EPG in MCE no longer works I've tried various versions of Linux and can't get it to work with my DVBSky S952 although there are firmware drivers for the card which seems to be more hassle than it's worth. So I've been looking at alternatives. A box from Freesat themselves are way to expensive so I was looking around and came up with this Xgemma box. Flashing the box seems easy enough anyway just wasn't sure if it supports Freesat because most People got them for Sky or Virgin which I don't want or need just need the free to Air channels. I did take a look at Wooshbuild but then again people were talking about just for Sky or Virgin. I'll pick one up after xmas and have a play. Thanks bigfoot16.

Jack.

You can still use wooshbuild but only the free to air channels will show. A bit like a sky box but without a subscription.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Back