Zgemma h2s IPTV freezing after a few seconds.

Luke1985

I set up a line for myself and a mate of mine with the same provider, mine works fine but by mates keeps freezing after a few seconds and is unwatchable. There is now issue with his internet connection I have tried changing ethernet cables makes no difference. Run a speed test and all is good. He previously had IPTV for 1 year with no problems it's only since subscription has been renewed that the issue has started. The only thing that has changed is that a friend loaded a different build to his box, could this be the reason for the freezing issue? Any idea how I can solve this or what maybe causing it.

check the ISP nanny settings, ie websafe if using virgin, and make sure it's turned off.

Try his box at your house if possible to see if you have the same issue.

How do I ccheck ISP nanny settings? If I try his box at my house and get the same issue what would you suggest then. Thanks

check the ISP nanny settings, ie websafe if using virgin, and make sure it's turned off.

Try his box at your house if possible to see if you have the same issue.
I know he has sky broadband if that's relevant

if he logs into his account on the sky web site there should be web safe options, I can't remember what they are called on sky.

If it's the same at your address then it would suggest an issue with either the provider or the box. If it's fine at your house then it would suggest an issue with his broadband or his connections at home.

Had issues over the weekend helping someone who was getting constant freezing on iptv. Changed his firmware from blackhole to openvix and fixed the problem.

vix wont work on H2s, does willo still have the older build for the h2s?
Works just fine grog as setup a couple over the weekend :LOL:

The following receivers are supported:

HS, H.2S, H.2H, H3.2TC, H5, H5.2S, H5.2S+, H5.2TC

Please note that these images are built by myself and are based on OpenViX willowbuild

Works just fine grog as setup a couple over the weekend :LOL:

The following receivers are supported:

HS, H.2S, H.2H, H3.2TC, H5, H5.2S, H5.2S+, H5.2TC

Please note that these images are built by myself and are based on OpenViX willowbuild
Works on edison os mini aswell
Think that's beyond me if I'm honest, don't really know where to start
Router restart
Wifi speed check (broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk)

Buffering issues:Please check
Multiple devices connected to your wifi will also affect streaming if you have slow wifi download speed.

Also

Disable any VPN you may be running
Disable router smart settings following the guide below

Virgin Media
With Virgin media the tool you want to disable is called Websafe. To do this please follow these
steps.
• · Register or sign in at Virgin Media - My Virgin Media with your primary username and
password.
• · Click on My Apps
• · Click on Overview
• · Turn both Virus Safe and Child Safe off
unchecking the IP Flooding box on a Virgin router helps also

BT Broadband
On BT Broadband the tool you want to disable is called Smart Setup. To do this please follow these
steps.
• · Open your web browser on any computer or device connected to your Hub and go
to http://bthomehub.home to open the Hub Manager.
• · Select Advanced Settings
• · Enter the admin password, if you haven't changed it you will find the default password on your
Hub settings card on the back of your Hub
• · Select Continue to Advanced Settings
• · Select Home Network – Smart Setup
• · Select No to disable Smart Setup and select ApplY

Sky Broadband
On Sky Broadband the tool you want to disable is called Sky Shield. To do so please follow these
steps.
• · Go to Sky Broadband Shield
• · Click the Sign In button

• · For some bizarre reason, Sky may forward you to the Sky.com home page, if it does, then
reload Sky Broadband Shield
• · You will now see a page that says activate “Sky Shield”, this does NOT mean your sky shield is
off
• · Click activate Sky Shield
• · Sky Shield is likely set to "suitable for everyone" or "teens and older", to disable it set it to
"suitable for adults only" and click save

EE Broadband
For EE broadband the tool you want to disable is called Orange Safeguard. To do so please follow
these steps.
• · Log in or register your account at https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/login-dispatch/
• · Click Device and Usage in the menu and scroll down to content lock
• · Turn content lock off

Talk Talk Broadband
For Talk Talk the tool you want to disable is called Home Safe Security. To do so please follow these
steps.
• · On the top tab highlight My Services
• · Click View Homesafe Settings
• · Disable Homesafe and Kids Safe

PLUSNET
Once your broadband service is ready, go to the Plusnet SafeGuard control panel and click the ON/OFF button at the top of the screen.
Next, switch your router off and on again. After 2 hours, Plusnet SafeGuard will start filtering content.
If you want to switch it off, follow the same steps and after 2 hours you'll be able to browse as normal.

VODAFONE
If you’re using Vodafone Secure Net, access to age-restricted websites is controlled through the Secure Net App (for iOS or Android), or our online portal
To prove you’re over 18, please verify your age with a credit card. No payment will be taken.
1. Log in to My Vodafone then choose your device in the grey drop-down within Services and extras
2. Scroll down and click Bars and Data Alerts, and within Bars you’ll see Age-restricted content bar
3. If you’ve verified your identity before, switch the toggle to Off and go to step 7. Otherwise, choose Verify Age
4. Follow the steps to verify your age and enter credit card details. No payment will be taken
5. In the next screen, click the Bars and Data Alerts link, and within Bars you’ll see Age-restricted content bar
6. Switch the toggle to Off
7. Wait 10 minutes and restart the device
You should get immediate access to over-18s content – and a text saying the bar has been removed. Occasionally it may take up to 24 hours.

NICE GUIDE BAZZA :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:
I did a speed check can't remember exactly what it was but I know it was super fast, far better than mine and I'm having no issues. I'll look into the sky broadband settings but correct me if I'm wrong but I would think that this can't be what's causing it since he's already had IPTV for a year previously with no issues.

I did a speed check can't remember exactly what it was but I know it was super fast, far better than mine and I'm having no issues. I'll look into the sky broadband settings but correct me if I'm wrong but I would think that this can't be what's causing it since he's already had IPTV for a year previously with no issues.
it could be a number of reasons, ie mine has been turned off for years yet a few weeks ago I checked and it had been turned on, it wasn't me so must have been virgin changing it. Also different providers may well have different sources, so the sources with old provider may have not been picked up by the 'nanny settings'

Ok I'll check it tomorrow, thanks. Also another thing I tried which I forgot to mention, in xe downloader I went to "update xe plugin" which which sorted the problem for a short while then it started freezing again after a few hours

it could be a number of reasons, ie mine has been turned off for years yet a few weeks ago I checked and it had been turned on, it wasn't me so must have been virgin changing it. Also different providers may well have different sources, so the sources with old provider may have not been picked up by the 'nanny settings'
Ok I'll check it tomorrow, thanks. Also another thing I tried which I forgot to mention, in xe downloader I went to "update xe plugin" which which sorted the problem for a short while then it started freezing again after a few hours

Back