Zgemma H2s- OpenATV 5.1 - Cam line issue

DKOK

Hi Guys,

Another one of the newbe's here, I am having trouble installing the new gift, I get so far (see after the yellow highlight) but can not find the SOFTCAM/CI option.

please help.

First download https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?show_all=1
and install it to your pc.

now go into the menu of your receiver and
find "INFO" then "NETWORK" and make a note of your receivers IP address (eg. 192.168.0.38)

Now run the filezilla programme.

In the box name HOST type your IP address you made a note of earlier.

in the box named USERNAME type root

Leave the other boxes empty

Click on QUICKCONNECT

Now you should have files in the right hand panel of filezilla.

the left hand panel is files on your pc. Use them to navigate to the Newcamd.list file which you downloaded.

in the right hand panel (receiver files) open the folder named ETC then open the file named KEYS and scroll to the bottom (so you don't put it into a folder)

now drag the NEWCAMD file from the left hand side panel into the right hand side panel.

It should then ask you if you want to overwrite , Click YES.DO the same with the mg-cfg file
Press

MENU

PLUGINS

GREEN BUTTON , wait for it to load then go down to SOFTCAMS then OK and install MGcam 1.38

Exit menu

MENU

SETUP

SOFTCAM/CI

SOFTCAM MANAGER then enable the MGcamd, when it is done enable autostart.

it should then work after upto 20 seconds

Try Menu, Info Panel, Softcam Manager? Where did you get those instructions from mate?

Last edited:
I got the instructions from the guy who I purchased the gift off, are they way off the mark. I will try your suggestion tonight. Thanks for that TK

---------- Post Merged at 01:16 PM ----------

yip it is a default factory image, would you suggest I re-image it with one from this site. Thanks for responding.

It will be easier for someone new to this stuff to use a backup image from this site as they are 90% setup for you rather than building your own image from scratch as its a lot to take in when your new. regardless of which image you decide to go with make sure you have a copy of your line before you start as it will be removed when you flash the box!

Yes as BeakyFord says use a backup from here then once your confident at doing your own image have a go at following kiddacs barebones guide

It will be easier for someone new to this stuff to use a backup image from this site as they are 90% setup for you rather than building your own image from scratch as its a lot to take in when your new. regardless of which image you decide to go with make sure you have a copy of your line before you start as it will be removed when you flash the box!

Thanks Becky, will certainly give it a go.

Back