ZGEMMA H2S or MAG 254 or OPENBOX V8S for Sky Sports HD and BT Sports HD

donski

Hello,

I was looking for some advice on the best way to get sky sports HD and BT sports HD on a device without paying the astounding price it costs these days.

I've been looking at a number of options which would be best out of the following;
ZGEMMA H2S or MAG 254 or OPENBOX V8S or Any Other Devices

It would be handy if I could use wifi too with the option to record.

Appreciate the help in advance.

Also if anyone knows of a good subscription for either of these devices let me know as I will purchase one in the next week or so.

Regards

I don't know much about boxes but I do know that if you go down the card sharing root you won't be getting Sly HD channels full stop let alone Sly Sports channels in HD. The BT Sports channels I believe are HD though.

to have full HD back you need to ether go iptv or have a VM BB connection as you cant get those HD channels from a dish anymore.
Edision OS Mini or Zgemma H2H would be my recommendation (plus you can always add an extra HD tuner by adding a USB Cable tuner to the box giving 3 tuners in total 2xcable HD & 1 SD sly)

Hello,

I was looking for some advice on the best way to get sky sports HD and BT sports HD on a device without paying the astounding price it costs these days.

I've been looking at a number of options which would be best out of the following;
ZGEMMA H2S or MAG 254 or OPENBOX V8S or Any Other Devices

It would be handy if I could use wifi too with the option to record.

Appreciate the help in advance.

Also if anyone knows of a good subscription for either of these devices let me know as I will purchase one in the next week or so.

Regards
I am using iptv on a mag 254 and a zgemma H2s,its not cheap to run and it depends on the server provider how good the service is,you can get all the HD channels via cable if its available in your area,if so take a look around the forum as there are lots of guys who use it and will be glad to help,if you choose to down the iptv route i will be glad to help

Unfortunately I haven't got cable in my area. IPTV or Gift/Line is my only option. What I do like about the Zgemma box is you can add a sly theme to it, only minor I know but still cool, I don't think this is something that can be done on the mag box is it? Can you recommend any good IPTV subscriptions or Zgemma gifts? There are hundreds on eBay but without know the reliably of them I'd be reluctant to buy

If you don't live in a VM area then and your looking for HD then IPTV is your only choice, it can be very costly and its only worth it on a dedicated IPTV streamer like the Mag254, I've found running IPTV on a E2 box glitchy and slow

Mag 254/250 or iptv subs aren't that expensive even for quality i've been using one and its very good , hd sports and all 3pm kick offs so hard to beat. But sky on sky the only hd channels is bt sports , espn , racing uk .

---------- Post Merged at 03:59 PM ----------

Unfortunately I haven't got cable in my area. IPTV or Gift/Line is my only option. What I do like about the Zgemma box is you can add a sly theme to it, only minor I know but still cool, I don't think this is something that can be done on the mag box is it? Can you recommend any good IPTV subscriptions or Zgemma gifts? There are hundreds on eBay but without know the reliably of them I'd be reluctant to buy

Buy no subscriptons from ebay as there normally overloaded cheap crap.

if your on a budget why dont you use Kodi . If you look deep enough most of what you want is on there free..

yes, familar with Kodi and all it's variant but even with skins it's not intuitive enough for those people that are used to linear channels via boquets.
Also reliable and constant uninerrupted streams is a factor too and if that means paying a iptv sub then so be it.

My family still prefer changing channel numbers or up/down arrow key on a remote control

I have iptv , and still find the uk sky hd channels to be nothing better than sd at the moment and I have tested a few lines, but I have the good option of being in a cable area and still recive hd channels for the time being from virgin

I have an Openbox V8s and watch Sky Sports in SD which is of perfectly acceptable quality, I certainly wouldn't pay a premium to watch in HD. BT sports are available in HD on the V8s. You can record to USB flash memory or HDD, but would need a WiFi USB dongle to connect over WiFi. Far better to connect by Ethernet cable either direct to your router or via Home Plugs.

Hi, I have a Mag 254 with a sub installed, my question is, Can I run a Sub from a different supplier from the same box ?

what I meant is can I have both Subs on the Mag at the same time giving me the option to swap between suppliers ?

Yes, you can activate more than one portal. You can set the box up (though don't ask me how as I haven't owned one for a year or so now) so that you can choose which portal (if you're unaware, that's the thing that connects your sub to the server) you load up when you boot.

Yes, you can activate more than one portal. You can set the box up (though don't ask me how as I haven't owned one for a year or so now) so that you can choose which portal (if you're unaware, that's the thing that connects your sub to the server) you load up when you boot.
Thanks Janso, Im getting into the inner portal now thanks for the feedback

Should be no problem , good idea to test out providers , I myself when I had one just used the sports package , as if you have kodi no need for the extra vod services

Back