Zgemma H2S STB

monkey666

hi guys, had a strange problem, I setup the above STB, however I did order some 128gb microsd card, however my aim was to initialise the stb with this microsd, but it seemed it could only be done via a usb pen drive from the rear, how can I do it from a fresh flash with microsd rather then usb, I dont mind starting off with usb for the flash, but for epg and swapfile and recordings to go on the microsd, when I tried it said cannot remove active partion = the usb at the back.

When I setup my box with a 128gb micro sd, I had to flash the box using the USB stick. Once this was all done, I had to use a USB/SD adaptor, put the SD into the usb adaptor, then plug this into the box, the initialise the SD card that way. Once done, I then just changed epg/recordings etc to save onto the sd card.

No matter what I did I could not get the sd card to initialise on its own, I had to use the USB adaptor.

I even tried usb to microsd adapter two different types both failed, oh-well I guess I will stick with usb pen drive at the back, Micro Sd = nice and not visible :)

Format the sd card to fat32 on a laptop, then plug the usb adaptor into the front port of the box and initialise the sd card, I have known people who have not been able to initialise an sd card via the rear port.......no idea why.

I use a 64gb micro sd card for epg, swap file, and timeshift, works fine. From memory I had to set it up as dt99 as described. Much neater than having a USB stick in the front port as I have a 500gb hdd conected to the rear port.

Good news I put the 4gb microsd into a usb multi card in one adapter, formated the microsd to fat32, placed the flash files onto the microsd and its flashing, now to try to get the second bit done, lets see how it goes, my objective is to have the stb box running on microsd for epg swapfile and recording via the microsd slot and have the rear usb slot free and the front one, I will keep you guys posted. All working mission complete, I flashed from the rear via usb to microsd adapter then once the flash was complete I pulled out the microsd usb adapter and took out the microsd and placed it in the microsd slot located on the side and initialized the stb box, all working, however I did see one strange issue which you guys may let me know, sure its only a 4gb microsd but when I press File List on the remove the space is only 64kb (100%) Disk Space, and yes the microsd is set as HDD, can anyone say why this is.

Sorted fvck knows what caused it, its now saying 3029MB (81%) Disk Space. I hope this helps others in the future or who had the issue I had when I first tried the 128gb microsd, and many thanks for the members who replied in this thread.

Last edited:
Back