Zgemma H2S Tuner B problems

Minipug

Hi All,

Ive just bought a new ZGemma H2S from the Zgemma website.
Ive installed Wooshbuild 4.002 and got my ccline working.
But I cant seem to get Tuner B to receive anything.
Ive swapped the sat cables over and both cables are sending a signal to Tuner A but neither are sending a signal to Tuner B according to the box so Ive eliminated the cables.
Tuner Config is :

Tuner A:BCM7346 (internal) (DVB-S2)
Config Mode - simple
Mode - single
Satelite - 28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G
Send DiSEqC - No

Tuner B:AVL6211 (DVB-S2) Why doesnt this one say internal?
Config Mode - simple
Mode - single
Satelite - 28.2E Astra 2E/2F/2G
Send DiSEqC - No

So both tuners are set the same except B is called something different and doesnt say internal

Signal Finder finds signal on Tuner A but nothing on Tuner B but like I said both cables are providing a signal as Ive swapped them over to eliminate them.

I have cables in the correct ports (bottom right, top left)

Any ideas why Tuner B isnt working? Is it the box or an issue with Wooshbuild or just a setting Ive missed???

All help appreciated

Dave

mine say this m8 and works ok
goto menu/setup/service searching/tuner configuration/ and select tuner B / change to this configuration mode = Equal to
Tuner = Tuner A: BCM7346(Internal)(DVB-S2)

save settings

mine say this m8 and works ok
goto menu/setup/service searching/tuner configuration/ and select tuner B / change to this configuration mode = Equal to
Tuner = Tuner A: BCM7346(Internal)(DVB-S2)

save settings

Nope still nothing Im afraid. If I try and use dream player it tells me I havent got enough free tuners so even that is detecting that tuner B isnt working????

Thanks for trying though

ok goto signal finder and select tuner B

scroll through transponders to 10758v 22000 5/6 this has a good signal on mine through tuner B
check yours m8

if not contact your supplier where you bought the box

Thx for the reply.

Unfotunately that hasnt done anything either. Its not that Im getting a bad signal. My Tuner A is a real good signal but Tuner B just say 0% on everything

Thx for the reply.

Unfotunately that hasnt done anything either. Its not that Im getting a bad signal. My Tuner A is a real good signal but Tuner B just say 0% on everything

contact Zgemma for support on this subject m8 hope you get it sorted....

Just a thought.... When I installed wooshbuild I only had tuner A cable in. Would that have affected it? I put tuner B cable in afterwards.??

Just a thought.... When I installed wooshbuild I only had tuner A cable in. Would that have affected it? I put tuner B cable in afterwards.??

after you installed wooshbuild you still should be able to setup tuner B through the setup i mentioned above....

not sure if this will work or not but press the blue button > System > Customise

In there check preferred tuner is set to auto

If this doesn't work then it may well be a faulty tuner

preferred tuner is set to auto
preferred tuner for recordings is also set to auto.

I'll keep trying until Zgemma rings me

have you tried reflashing the box?

---------- Post Merged at 10:46 PM ----------

also it could possibly be an lnb issue.... have you or are you able to test the box somewhere else?

LNB issue..... im getting signal from both cables though. But only if I plug them into tuner A. Wouldnt that mean the LNB is working ok?

Dont know anyone by me who has a dish but I'll ask around (most have got virgin)

Not necessarily.... I had a quick look around and saw somewhere about one tuner locking the other. Didn't fully understand it but I wouldn't dismiss it as a possibility.

I guess you could unplug tuner a, force tuner b and test it that way?

I'd try a reflash first though just in case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update.....
Ive just tried recording one channel and watching a different one and it worked. Bearing in mind that signal finder is still saying 0% does this mean that Tuner B must be working???
If I set my preferred tuner to B I cant see any channels though.
Ive rescanned channels too.

If I try dreamviewer it says there are no free tuners.

So it seams I can record but cant actually view anything on tuner B (which is neccessary for Dreamviewer)

So confused?????

I'll do a backup in the morning and try and flash. Im presuming you mean "Flash Online/Local" option?? or is it "Software Update"?

It depends what channels you were watching and recording. If they are both on the same transponder it will use the same tuner

Thanks.

That explains it... I set it to record the Japan Qualifying last night and its not worked. So that explains it (different Transponder)

Zgemma have contacted me and told me to send the box back (after a few checks) so looks like a faulty box.

This happened on a box I set up today, tuner A was working fine but not B so swapped cables to eliminate those but still, Tuner A worked but not tuner B so after an hour of faffing about I thought i'd just re-start the box and low and behold, tuner B kicked in on the re-start and started to show the signal strength in the service searching section.

Back