zgemma H2S won't flash

Hi,

Trying to load a new image on to a Zgemma H2S box but just cannot get the box to recognise the image. Tried 3 different usb drives making sure all inserted into the rear usb port and nothing being picked up.
Been told they require sandisk drive to work properly but not sure myself?

Anyone had experience with this type of issue and managed to resolve it

Thanks
Brenden

Have you formatted the pen drives to fat 32? these boxes can be a bit arsey with usb sticks. I'm pretty sure Ive seen that sandisk and Kingston seem to be less problematic when flashing a new image on these boxes

Hi, yep formatted using HP formatting tool and fat32, have tried kingston already no joy older sticks no joy. I'm re-imaging a pre-configured box even went back to factory setting and tried that but still no joy.

which image/build are you trying to load up on the h2s? when the usb is inserted does the box recognise the usb or is the problem that it wont flash.
the reason I ask is because you say it wont recognise the image...

Brenden if you are looking to flash a Zgemma H2s, then without doubt your looking to use the wooshbuild which you can access in the download in the Downloads section. Its the most popular download with a full guide to install. Very easy to set up and has a cams transfer file for your connection to be added to, hope this helps

Downloaded Wooshbuild keeping fingers crossed this works. Does anyone know if there's instructions on how to add a 128gb usb drive to these boxes?

Downloaded Wooshbuild keeping fingers crossed this works. Does anyone know if there's instructions on how to add a 128gb usb drive to these boxes?

Brenden, its all there in his guide. Everything you need to know and how to install all comes with the download and guide. This is why its so popular, I'm told its the closest you'll get to plug and play if using v4
Then all you need to do is add your connection to the cams transfer file and your up and running

the only usb drives which i have found to work consistently without any issues are integral neon usb drives, thats all i use now, 10 x 8gb drives for about £20 off ebay ;-)

I've noticed that to box I'm trying to flash is a 2s box not as I thought a h2s box does this make any difference as images are for h2s?

s2 box issue

I need to somehow revert this box back to factory settings at the moment it's trying to load whoosbuild and just rebooting. Can you hard reset these boxes? Does anyone know where the s2 image is?
Thanks
Brenden

I've noticed that to box I'm trying to flash is a 2s box not as I thought a h2s box does this make any difference as images are for h2s?

yes there is a different build for 2s, youll find that build in the Zgemma 2s section

Hello All,

I have a ZGemma Star H2 box stuck on boot; it is totally unresponsive. I have tried to to flash it with the sucmnsee Vix image, but the box refuses to recognise the USB stick. I have done the low-level format with HDD KLow Level Tool and then performed a full FAT32 windows format. I copied the zgemma folder onto the drive, plugged it in and turned the box on but it just sits there and says "boot" and does nothing.

I am using an 8GB Sandisk Cruzer Blade which has worked in the past, but the box refuses to recognise it. I have also tried a 32GB Sandisk Data Traveller with no luck.

I can't get into the box to change any settings, is there any other way to connect to the box?

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

For some reason I cannot get my h.2s to flash, must of spent hours on the thing, tried 4 different usb drives... Formatted each drive, I'm not too bad with things like this but I am admitting defeat... I need help!!!

Any help on the matter is greatly appreciated before I go crazy!!:(

Hi when boot with USB in back USB slot do you see USB then boot? If you do hold the power on button on the front of the box and power on from the back it should then boot USB stick

I went out nd bought a new sands cruzer yesterday and have tried different images, is there a certain usb drive that you know works?

Back