Zgemma H5.2TC recommended firmware

alag

Hi Guys,
Expecting the above being delivered with OpenATV tomorrow for cable. Can people recommend what they might be using on this and which is the best firmware? I would be grateful if people can also share screenshots or links?

Lastly anyone know comparison between different firmware's?

Thanks in advance

All of the different firmware's are pretty much the same, with minor differences. I looked at all of them, a few of the firmware's are only geared for specific countries, like OpenSpa for Spain. There is another firmware geared for German, but can't think of the name. Anyway the best firmware to use is Openatv 6.0, as that has the most plugins and support available. The second best firmware I like is OpenPLi, either one of those will be good to use. Your box will come with OPENATV installed, so you will be good to go out the gate. [emoji5]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Not sure what you mean by firmware as the latest openatv would be best... throw a few plugins on the a nice 12 month sub and off you go

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

All of the different firmware's are pretty much the same, with minor differences. I looked at all of them, a few of the firmware's are only geared for specific countries, like OpenSpa for Spain. There is another firmware geared for German, but can't think of the name. Anyway the best firmware to use is Openatv 6.0, as that has the most plugins and support available. The second best firmware I like is OpenPLi, either one of those will be good to use. Your box will come with OPENATV installed, so you will be good to go out the gate. [emoji5]

I heard from one of the seller that Vix Image is good for these boxes. Also some people on this forum were talking about WOOSH build (unsure underlying firmware). I am looking at Brit space if it helps?

Secondly, what would be the process to set up and what plugins are essentials ?

I'm driving my Semi-Truck right now. I can't remember off the top of my head all of the Plugins you need, there's not many you need; but that depends on what you want to use the box for. If your living in the UK, setting up your box, will be quite different from mine, as I'm in the US. [emoji5]

I heard from one of the seller that Vix Image is good for these boxes. Also some people on this forum were talking about WOOSH build (unsure underlying firmware). I am looking at Brit space if it helps?

Secondly, what would be the process to set up and what plugins are essentials ?

zgemma has no official support from Openvix,
so best to stick with ATV
Whoosh is the way the box Looks,
there are quite a lot of different images available,
I used whoosh for a while until some update made it not work quite right on my box, [ an Edision ] so I had to go back to standard OpenVix
but whoosh was good while it lasted, its based , afaiaa , on ATV

on any zgemma you will be best to use an ATV build, nothing wrong with VIX but its not intended for the zgemma brand, there are other peoples backups available for d/l that have done all/most of the work for you or IF you are up to it make your own image, guides are available on here

Thanks guys.

Assuming I will leave ATV here are some further questions and hopefully these will help others in the same boat.
1. What skins / box looks are popular and available for this box?
2. Recommendations?
3. Issues?
4. Any plugin recommended for UK cab?
5. Performance?
6. How to upgrade to latest ATV / source of future update here?

Thanks,

If you are new to this stuff you will be best to start with one of the backups available on here as these already have skins & the most popular plugins installed, all your questions can be answered with a little reading in the zgemma section

http://www.techkings.org/forums/zgemma-star-h5.476/
Thanks. I did look there originally but I am still not sure which backup to use or which is any good. I am good with tech stuff and hence if someone just tells me basic details or plugins - then I can possibly google around and create my own!

Ok so it's been awhile since afresh install so the softcams might already been on there now I
But if not that's 1 ipk you need above all else.... these are what I use but alternatives available
autobouquets maker
Epg importer
Iptvplayer
Movieorganisor

I think that's everything

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

the better builds tend to have the same components installed from the download plugins menu on the box, typically used in most builds are:

Nightly ATV6.0 or ATV6.1 (beta)
cachefluche
autobouquets E2 or AutoBouquetsMaker
EPG importer
IPTV Player
movieorganiser
choice/selection of skins (most common: SlyHD1, Onyx, SlyQ, SlyNEW, VM skin, many use custom scripts to make small changes)

softcam-feed-universal_2.0_all.ipk (web search to find this, needed to access softcams from the plugins menu)

not made a fresh image for a few weeks so may have missed something although all builds are similar, many new members think there is something better in one build over another when thats not really the case, the main differences are most members who put a build together do so using only the elements they need whereas a couple of popular (univeral) builds have been made to cover different user options so have more bloat in them such as serveral cams to cover the different cams people may need for the codes they have been given by their provider over loading a specific cam the user requires. The universal builds are aimed at those who are new & do not know where to start, your own builds or other members backups will opperate/respond quicker as they will have less in the build to bloat it out.

Last edited:
I bought a H5.2TC for my parents at the weekend and had Wooshbuild up and running within 45 minutes.

I have previously put Wooshbuild on a H2S but the process is 95% the same and completely beginner friendly (follow the thread mentioned earlier).

So far it seems to be working great!

there are a number of build in the downloads section, both vix and atv, personally I use atv 6.1 because vix is not officially supported so personal preference. The plugins I have installed are:

• Dream Explorer
  • EPG-Importer
  • ABM
  • IPTV Player
  • Media Player
  • Media Scanner
  • Movie Organisor
  • OpenWebif
  • Picture player
Some of which are installed with atv.

And then obviously the sofcam mentioned earlier and skins. When I first got my box I used wooshbuild to get me started but then started playing as I got to know the box and now using my own build.

My h7c came with openatv nightly. Plugins seem ok,but when tuning terrestial .Menu is daunting,Satellites easy.28.13.19.etc but terrestrial choice worldwide,is what made box crash....1,but got it working..But got a green screen day later ,wiped all channels..this came from shop installed,so didnt expecta problem...I,ve only installed the terrestrial for now.Retuned .working alright,Then installing plugin,didnt like...another green screen...tuner details gone again..Everything else seems fine..Gremlins ??. Any Ideas...pls..

My h7c came with openatv nightly. Plugins seem ok,but when tuning terrestial .Menu is daunting,Satellites easy.28.13.19.etc but terrestrial choice worldwide,is what made box crash....1,but got it working..But got a green screen day later ,wiped all channels..this came from shop installed,so didnt expecta problem...I,ve only installed the terrestrial for now.Retuned .working alright,Then installing plugin,didnt like...another green screen...tuner details gone again..Everything else seems fine..Gremlins ??. Any Ideas...pls..
Im not sure reading the above exactly what image you have on on the plugin that is causing you issues. If you on the latest OpenATV its a py3 image and it might be your installing plugins that are py2 based.

Which plugin or plugins are causing the problems?
Terrestrial works fine on H7C but a bit tricky to configure the twin tuners, EG if your aerial is in tuner A, you set that to terrestrial/Freeview, you also have to set tuner A as 'not configured' for cable TV.
Tuner B has to be set to 'not configured' for terrestrial and cable otherwise it kicks up a stink when you try to scan for channels complaining that tuner B is not connected etc

Why are you asking questions about a H7 in a thread for H5's?

Back