zGemma H5.2TC Spinning Wheel

Dusted

Hi,

Recently my brother bought a zGemma H5.2TC from someone but the history of the box is unknown. I have set it up for him, installed OpenATV 6.4, Mgcam, XtreamTV, EPG-Import, AMB, formatted the pen drive, created the swap file, moved EPG location to the pen drive etc and it does great for a while then a strange problem starts. It seems to become unresponsive and when you press a button on the remote for the menu etc there's about a 10sec or more delay between each press with the wheel spinning at the top left.

I have re-flashed it on several occasions, with both OpenATV 6.3 and OpenATV 6.4 however this problem keeps coming back. Is there any sort of live log that could explain help find why this is happening or has anyone came across the same problem before?

Many Thanks

I used to run Sat, Eurosat and iptv via the XE plug in, on my h5 box worked ok for awhile, then it started getting slower and the blue circle popping up quite alot, I put it down to the XE plug in, so I uninstalled it and havent had any problems since, this was a few months ago now, I now use a firestick and an ap for iptv.

I hope it's not this plugin as he's just taken out a years sub. I forgot to mention that I'm using version 0.2.3 of the plugin.

Never used xtream tv, its not the same as xtream editor, but there may be other reasons for getting the blue spinning circle, as there are many others, but since I stopped running iptv on my h5, I have not had any problems. But it may be worth trying what pablo suggests , just to see if its any better.

Does it only do it when iptv is playing?
Ask your provider for url, username and password and try jedimaker plugin instead
It actually starts doing it before the plugin is even started. That reminds me, I tried OpenVPN on it a while back too and it was completely unusable with it running so I had to uninstall it via putty to get the box running again.

It actually starts doing it before the plugin is even started. That reminds me, I tried OpenVPN on it a while back too and it was completely unusable with it running so I had to uninstall it via putty to get the box running again.
You may have to reflash it to get rid of all the VPN components.
After flashing it, don't add Xtream plugin and see if it works OK with just sat then you'll find out whether XT is the problem

You may have to reflash it to get rid of all the VPN components.
After flashing it, don't add Xtream plugin and see if it works OK with just sat then you'll find out whether XT is the problem
Thanks I'll give that a go in case it is what's causing it but if it does turn out to be the cause then I'll have to figure something out.

Why are you using Mgcam and swapfile?
Mgcam was just handy at the time as it was only for sat since vm is gone. I thought a swapfile was better as it acts as a buffer unless I'm mistaken? :unsure:

Lower powered boxes needed cacheflush and swapfile running and not needed on more powerful boxes.
Are you still using mgcamd if not disable it.

Back