Zgemma H5 and virgin super hub 3 help please

kevin23

Fitted a new virgin super 3 this evening to replace my old super hub 2 but the C/s has stop work and when I run a network test now I have LAN connection,local network and DHCP working but the IP address is now showing unconfirmed and the same with Nameserver. All was working on the old super hub 2. Any help please?

Try putting the box in Deep Standby and then restart your router, once the router is back online turn the box back on

Reactions: ste
Thanks for the help , but no luck with reboot or deep standby. Rebooted both a number of times and no joy. Virgin hub showing the box is connected. Reflash the box ?

Try giving your box a static ip address,Then reboot both units, see if that helps to connect the box

Try the static ip address but not luck. Got Virgin to swap back to the old super hub 2 , that didn't work. Finally reflashed the box and bingo all back work!! Big thanks for those how help me . Cheers

Kevin, I wonder whether you could help. I have an H5 that I bought 7 months ago but I have only had working for a day at a time on two separate occasions. I leave the damn thing in its box most of the time and then periodicially dig it out to waste another few hours of my life trying to rig it up. When you say you've reflashed, what version did you use. I downloaded and reflashed using a download from the Whosshbuild site called Zgemma H5 ... WB6. Seemed to load ok but there are system references to H5.2S. Just wondered whether this was the version you used. Also, I have the VM Hub 3.0 - did you have to change the DNS settings to 8.8.8.8? I have no idea what this all means and whether I even have a VPN network, but I'm just desparately trying anything now.

Hi Kevin, Thanks for the reply. I mean that there are virtually no channels. I get 3 or 4 of the basic non-HD channels only - i.e. BBC1, ITV and a couple of others. Probably just picks up the signal from somewhere without the unscrambling. Otherwise, there are no HD channels, no Sports, no Movies., etc.. I'll try the H5.2TC version even though I have an H5. I have a couple of times got the full EPG menu, but all bar the aforementioned handful of non-HD channels, everything else then disappeared the next day.

Hi Kevin, Thanks for the reply. I mean that there are virtually no channels. I get 3 or 4 of the basic non-HD channels only - i.e. BBC1, ITV and a couple of others. Probably just picks up the signal from somewhere without the unscrambling. Otherwise, there are no HD channels, no Sports, no Movies., etc.. I'll try the H5.2TC version even though I have an H5. I have a couple of times got the full EPG menu, but all bar the aforementioned handful of non-HD channels, everything else then disappeared the next day.

Have you done a scan in autobouqetsmaker?
have you set your netid and got virgin uk as provider?
have you paid for a line?

Hi Pablo, thanks for the reply. How do I set the netid - could be the problem? I did set Virgin UK as provider on the old version but couldn't see where to do that on the reflash version I used, which suggests it's the wrong version! The paid line is a problem as well - I bought one in May but the person I bought it through appears to have disappeared off the Web and I don't now know whether my line is now invalid. Can you recommend a place to get a line for Virgin Media cable, or are we not allowed to suggest things like that here?

Hi Pablo, thanks for the reply. How do I set the netid - could be the problem? I did set Virgin UK as provider on the old version but couldn't see where to do that on the reflash version I used, which suggests it's the wrong version! The paid line is a problem as well - I bought one in May but the person I bought it through appears to have disappeared off the Web and I don't now know whether my line is now invalid. Can you recommend a place to get a line for Virgin Media cable, or are we not allowed to suggest things like that here?

In service searching>autobouquetsmaker>providers

make sure Virgin(UK) is set to yes
underneath this it will have Virgin(UK) area
type your netid in here using the numbers on the remote, then green to save
exit once back into ABM and down to start scan

once you've got channels 1 - 5 in sd you're halfway home

Back