Satellite Zgemma H7 or H9?

atiq1

Hi Guys! I am looking to replace my old working H2S with a newer box. Not sure which one to go for. I have 13E, 19E, 28.2 E and 30W Fixed dishes and a separate motorised system.
Can any presenter user of H7, H9 suggest any pros & cons, want to use it for fix dish. Dont have a huge budget.
Look forward to any suggestion.
Thx

I have both main box H7s and single H9s bedroom, The H7s is a better box being twin and with higher specs,
The H9s is a good box but needs a bit of work like expanding the flash! and the box seems to to want regular flashing! I believe the twin version of H9 has higher specs but seems to have problems from reading comments and threads on here, I recommend you went for the H7 which would be a few quid more.

Yes h7s great box and if your other box still works set that up in another room as you can use tuner on h7 to view on h2.
More power in the h7s and less issues than the h9

Hi Guys! I am looking to replace my old working H2S with a newer box. Not sure which one to go for. I have 13E, 19E, 28.2 E and 30W Fixed dishes and a separate motorised system.
Can any presenter user of H7, H9 suggest any pros & cons, want to use it for fix dish. Dont have a huge budget.
Look forward to any suggestion.
Thx
I replaced a Zgemma H5 Combo with a H9 Combo Satellite & Terrestrial 4K UHD Quad Core model running OpenAtV 6.4 & WooshBuild Infinity on MultiSat Fixed Dish pointing at 13.0E, 19.2E, 23.5E & 28.2E. Receiving FreeView, FreeSat, Sky UK, Euro Channels & IPTV. Excellent performance, more than 4 times faster than the H5.

Last edited:
Thx Toddy2 and Cactkid for your contributions. Is there a H7 twin tuner version ? Cactkid! I am not sure how to set up H2S to watch H7 from a different location. if I went that way.

Thx Toddy2 and Cactkid for your contributions. Is there a H7 twin tuner version ? Cactkid! I am not sure how to set up H2S to watch H7 from a different location. if I went that way.
H7 is twin tuner

I replaced a H5 with the H9.2H Combo Satellite & Terrestrial 4K UHD Quad Core model running OpenAtV 6.4 & WooshBuild Infinity on MultiSat Fixed Dish pointing at 13.0E, 19.2E, 23.5E & 28.2E. Receiving FreeView, FreeSat, Sky UK, Euro Channels. Excellent performance, more than 4 times faster than the H5.
Thats interesting, Any noticable downside since you started using it.

H7s is actually a triple tuner box 2 x sat and 1 for cable now gone and switched to Saorview for me or Freeview uk via aerial.
In tuner setup look for Fallback configuration where you input your main box ip and if that has multiple sat feeds and Saorview they can be seen on the H2.

Thats interesting, Any noticable downside since you started using it.
The only downside I found on H9 is that the built-in WiFi is 2.4ghz only and subject to interference from devices like microwaves and smartphones on the same frequency, so a wired ethernet connection is recommended. Apart from that, it's a great 'all-in-one' box for Satellite, Terrestrial, IPTV and for streaming movies, YouTube, etc. in E2iPlayer.

Last edited:
H7s is actually a triple tuner box 2 x sat and 1 for cable now gone and switched to Saorview for me or Freeview uk via aerial.
In tuner setup look for Fallback configuration where you input your main box ip and if that has multiple sat feeds and Saorview they can be seen on the H2.
Hope you dont mind but have you personally used this function?

The only downside I found is that the built-in WiFi is 2.4ghz only and subject to interference from devices like microwaves and smartphones on the same frequency, so wired ethernet connection is preferable. Apart from that it's a great 'all-in-one' box for satellite, terrestrial, IPTV and streaming movies, youtube, etc. in E2iPlayer.
might sound like a silly question but do You mean you have to go through E2Iplayer on the box to access functions like youtube or streming movies.

We have both (H7C & H9s) both perform really well once setup correctly, I like both systems but in all fairness the H7 is the stronger contender imo, there have been many more problem posts regarding the H9 but these have generally been user knowledge based issues rather than box failings.

might sound like a silly question but do You mean you have to go through E2Iplayer on the box to access functions like youtube or streming movies.
Using a Zgemma box I can watch movies on Satellite, Terrestrial & IPTV, and can use E2iPlayer for streaming movie hosts, YouTube, etc. My Samsung smart TV includes free apps like YouTube and paid apps like NetFlix.

Using the Zgemma box I watch movies on Satellite, Terrestrial & IPTV, and use E2iPlayer for streaming movie hosts, YouTube, etc. The Samsung smart TV includes free apps like YouTube and paid apps like NetFlix.
thx for all the input. much appreciated

Yes you could but what it does then is limit your duo to 1 tuner when in use on other box so you could not record and view on the duo while using other box.

All you need in other room is a lan feed ,power supply,hdmi and tv.

Back