Zgemma H7C images

everyone should have a go at making an image in my book as you get to know your box very well so can fix any problems you may find... im not a fan of all these backup images as all they ever do is give rise to the same questions time & time again with no learning or understanding of whats going on inside the reciever!

Backups were a good way to get someone with zero knowledge going...to my mind using a backup should be a stop gap until you manage to do it yourself!

Maybe, I'm not sure. I use EPG importer.

It's good to see someone have a go at installing their own image from scratch :)

I've been on E2 for a few years and always like to be in control and only have installed what I need ;)
I'm hoping somebody patches ViX for 7C

How to EPG importer work ? Does it require XML or is it similar to Cross ? Online download and parsing ?

It downloads xml from whichever source you choose. Rytek Vm or Sat usually.

There's a thread about some issues with EPG Importer today though.
If it works don't update your software just yet.

It downloads xml from whichever source you choose. Rytek Vm or Sat usually.

There's a thread about some issues with EPG Importer today though.
If it works don't update your software just yet.

Cross is ancient. It's from the default repo so I'm going to hunt a newer version.
i've did an opkg check and no updates. Of course only checking the same old repo so pointless

Going to get Importer and see what thats like

everyone should have a go at making an image in my book as you get to know your box very well so can fix any problems you may find... im not a fan of all these backup images as all they ever do is give rise to the same questions time & time again with no learning or understanding of whats going on inside the reciever!

Backups were a good way to get someone with zero knowledge going...to my mind using a backup should be a stop gap until you manage to do it yourself!

Yep. My mate is into "builds" and all that but I struggle with them. It's like living in somebody else's house (not a hot chicks though)

So far i am less than impressed with this 7C box
The remote control sensor is terrible. I have to press the controls about 3 times and move closer for it to respond and the LCD front plastic screen has a scuff on the inside of the inside of it. I have tried multiple controls. 2xzgemma remotes and the harmony ulimate I use.
I already rang Zgemma and told then about the scuff , they said they would refund.

Tempted to send it back and get one of these
https://www.world-of-satellite.co.u...d-digital-receivers/technomate-tm-twin-4k-s2c

Slightly more expensive but a more established brand.
Also official ViX images

Did you put your own hdd in? I just wondered if the remote sensor got knocked out of line? It's worth having a look.
If you're definitely swapping I would stretch a bit more and get this:

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.u...f4008-combo-1xdvb-s-s2-s2x-plus-2x-dvb-c-t-t2

I havent opened the box, I just used a 30GB usb stick for flash and timeshift etc

Is there any specific reason you suggest the Octagon over TM ?

I would like a VU box as the solo was my favourite box so far, but they are out of my budget

I've got the SF4008 and it's an excellent box and very well built, much better than the H7C imo.
To be fair I haven't got the technomate but I think I read somewhere that they get hot.

I’m a little reluctant to say this as I don’t want to start a box fight however I am reading opinions stating this box is better than that box based on their personal difficulties setting a particular box up when really the problem has been user errors or lack of knowledge in setting up!

I do not see this is a fair judgement to compare one box against another when both haven’t been owned/used, it’s not a balanced opinion when one manufacturer gets negative comments against another based on what…?

I looked at both these boxes mentioned above (Oct SF4008 & Zgemma H7C) & although specs were nearly identical I went with the H7 based on proven reliability/stability plus the knowledge that all the plugins I would be using will work without issue. I had a small learning curve as these 4k ARM7 boxes require a slightly different setup (setting up oscam was new to me) but once up & running the H7 has performed flawlessly & I have had no issues with it what so ever, very well made with top quality components & assembly.

I’ve not had one crash screen or error report despite having hammered this box by flashing/adding/removing software & so on.

I’ve built & used images based on VIX/ATV/PLi platforms to test my boxes & do not see much difference between firmware’s once skins etc have been installed so again not really sure why the firmware can be the deciding factor for some, if anything I’ve found ATV to have the most & best plugins available, given the faster speeds of these higher spec 4k boxes firmware speeds have become irrelevant imo. I’m not saying anything against other firmware’s as it is personal choice but ATV is the better firmware to use on any zgemma as it works well & is supported so can be updated via ota updating.

While I accept that its personal choice for many people what I disagree with is the negative comments aimed at the zgemma’s without justification. All these comments do is damage the name of the manufacturer & deter new members from buying what is a seriously under rated brand without good reason!

I am not promoting any brand/manufacturer over another just stating that by providing negative comments about a box when you haven’t used or tested it doesn’t help anyone & is misleading to those reading your comments while trying to decide which box to buy.

I've got the SF4008 and the H7C and in my opinion the SF4008 is a better box.. it is dearer though.
I may come to love the H7C more when someone brings a ViX image out for it ;)
The image is just down to personal preference though. Once they're up and running they both do the same thing.
I've just always found ViX to be a tad faster and easier to navigate. Speed isn't really an issue with the 4K boxes though.
My main bug bear with the H7C is the abysmal hdd mounting kit and the fact that you need 2 feeds for the twin cable tuners.
There's nothing wrong with Zgemma's though, I've got 3 and they do the job nicely for the price.

I just set me new Onkyo TX-NR676E receiver up and got the 7C working on 2160p 60Hz
I have connected to my network share and tried to play a 4K - The.Martian.2015.2160p.Ultra.HD.Blu-ray.DTS-HD.MA.7.1.x264-TrollUHD but I only get audio and black screen. I am wired all the way to the media server too
Does E2 support any 4K mkv files?

By the way , thanks both for the info :)

I've just got zgemma H7C and I find the remote / remote sensor not great FYI. Have to point right at the box and sometimes press a few times. Maybe the extremely bright lit logo that remains (even in standby) effects it. I shall look at dimming it asap. I need to setup my Harmony too so shall report back

Just put your details where I have highlighted.
0102 etc is already in the key section:

View attachment 25411

CAID is for VM
I would copy all the config folder over, I know it works.
Hey Willo,

I’m setting up H7c... for some reason My lines say connected on the oscam web interface but I’m still getting a black screen. Any ideas why this would be happening?

Cheers
Thegil

I've never used the web interface and I only really use oscam on ViX.
The easiest thing to do would be to get a 24 hour test line to prove it's not a line problem.
What isn't clearing, cable or sat?
The config files I used are included in this bundle and they seem to work okay on ViX and ATV, just in different locations.

http://www.techkings.org/resources/softcams-and-lines.40/
Hey Willo,

Thanks for getting back to me. I know the lines work on oscam as I was using it on h.2h. I’m trying to run both cable line on Grogbuild ATV. Doing it on oscam web interface still puts it in its correct place in filezilla. I’m using your config file already pal which is working by saying connected not allowing the line to work just black screen. Very odd.

Cheers
Thegil

Back