Zgemma H7S Combo Reciever

Kemosabe

Hi Folks,
Looking to replace my rather old Lonrisun Solo2 clone and was thinking about the Zgemma H7S.
I'm only interested in FTA Freesat and Freeview channels. Does anybody have any experience of this hardware and could confirm if it will receive both Freesat and Freeview channels with no issue?

Ideally, I would like to know if it will create separate bouquets for each?

One thing that has always annoyed me with my current device is the guide data never picks any genre tags. It's currently configured to fetch the data using Sly Uk OpenTv. Would a current image fetch these genre tags as well?

I know some guide providers also include poster art links with their listings (Schedules Direct for instance). This would be particularly useful for my needs as well, but have never been able to properly source any reliable information to establish if this is actually possible to do.

I currently stream my channels from my STB directly into Kodi on my HTPC.
Any feedback would be much appreciated.
Cheers

Yes you can use the H7S for Freesat and Freeview and they are in separate bouquets.
You can choose whatever plugin you like for guide data, usually EPG Import or CrossEPG.

I have TV Series and movies stored on my NAS and use the MovieBrowser plugin to scrape fanart and info.

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.
I think this device will certainly suit my needs. I do have a WinTV Freeview tuner card, but unfortunately Kodi has problems with HD playback when I've used it in the past, hence now looking at the zgemma combo option.
With regard to artwork, I was looking for guide data that actually provides poster artwork for programme item. I looked at Google images for the MovieBrowser plugin and it seems to scape local media only from what I could see.
Here's my OSD in Kodi. At the moment I'm catching the poster artwork via a helper script, but it can be a bit slow, inaccurate and is not currently well maintained. So, I'm always looking for better alternatives, ideally getting this info from the backend.....

MzFqMUs.jpg

Hope this make sense, but maybe this epg artwork is not possible?

MovieBrowser definitely scrapes the internet. I download movies using bittorrent and MovieBrowser pulls in the artwork and movie info.
I don't think it's possible on E2 for the live TV guide.

Ok,
I thought perhaps it might not be possible. It's maybe a feature unique to TVH, which is something I'm not familiar with and afaik does not support a openwebif playlist from E2. Same as Nextpvr. Back to the drawing board on that feature :emoji_confounded:
Many thanks again for the feedback, particularly with regard to the zgemma .
Cheers

Back