Satellite Zgemma H7s newbie

cactikid

VIP Member
Feels strange posting in here lol and box not unpacked yet :fearscream:
Wanted to add a 1tb internal hdd 2.5 so what do people use make and speed please.
Box i assume is not flashed yet and can it run openvix [ yes as i see images ] or atv if wanting to use iptv service.
Not decided if i want subs for sat as other 3 and 4 tuner boxes are covered.
Could add another Saorview service on this box.
Can i record iptv without looking at it as i can view on other sat box.
All i want now is a 4k tv to match box .

Last edited:
I've used Samsung 1tb external USB powered drives for a few years & never had a problem with them, the need to record these days has reduced with all the VOD & catchup services that come with decent IPTV providers. It may be backwards thinking using an external hdd when these systems can take n internal drive but I used what I had to hand

But as i snooze alot handy to rewind and view again and internal would be handy as running out of 13 amp sockets lol.

My two have a couple of 1tb Toshiba laptop 2.5 I got cheap on fleabay!! Piece of piss to fit and no probe for the best part of a year!!

Not got a clue what a CEX site was but i think i was in one,2 year warranty sounds good.

forgot about my local place.
1TB 3.5" Internal Hard Drive for Recording & Storage

CeX (UK) Buy & Sell Games, Phones, DVDs, Blu-ray, Electronics, Computing, Vision & CDs CEX are useally in every town center,I went in this weekend for a used 128g sd card for the switch for £22 with 2 year warranty,
Then went back sunday with 5 switch games what he does not need any more and they gave him £125 to spend in store,He got a phone and that came with 2 year warranty also.

Yes turns out i was in my local store and forgot its name,is the speed a crucial thing with hard drives?

Maybe a silly question but reading up on the hdd they come in different thickness from 7 - 9 mm.Are boxes limited in space or it has no height issues.

Not sure it will make much difference in a zgemma H7 they are like a living room inside, it's for laptops where the thickness is imperative

Back