zgemma h7s or h9s upgrade on h2s

leec32

looking at upgrading my zgemma h2s to a more powerful model

between h7 or h9, ive compared the spec on each and the h9 seems the better option quad over dual etc, will be using sat&iptv, dont use record on sat just pause mainly.

just looking for feedback if anyone is using or tried either.

another question is im using openatv 6.1 on one box and woosh on another but if i did a full back up of either from my h2s would it work on a h7 or h9 just to save the hassle of setting up from scratch

Start backwards:) You can't restore a complete backup from the H2s to the H7 or H9, you SHOULD be able to restore settings but that can be hit and miss sometimes when doing it between different spec boxes.

I have used the H7C and is a good value for money box, much faster than your H2s. One advantage with H7 is you can have 3 different TV sources, sat, cable AND terestrial freeview if you wanted as well as IPTV.

I've not used the H9 purely because they are just single tuner which doesn't appeal to me but apparently they are fast.

yeah i didn't think i would be able to use the back up but was hoping, restore settings is hit and miss like you say lol

i don't really need the multi tuner option and my street isn't cabled, when the houses were built only 18 years ago i think they were to lazy to lay cable lol

obviously the h9 is quad over the h7 dual but looking at memory the h9 says 256MBNANDFlash over the h7 saying 4GB EMMC NAND Flash, both 1gig ddr3 but would that make much difference for iptv on the cache do you think

IPTV runs very well on the H9S and also runs stalker so can be run as a mag box as well if you want.
Never used the H7 but woosh has both and most of the buid work is now done using the H9S.

IPTV runs very well on the H9S and also runs stalker so can be run as a mag box as well if you want.
Never used the H7 but woosh has both and most of the buid work is now done using the H9S.

and nearly £45 cheaper than the h7 so that will probably win it over for me ha

Only current problem we have is that the method of pausing in iptv player is a bit hit and miss at times.
This has been reported to air digital/openatv to investigate.
Do not upload updates for the openatv firmware as there are some issues in there which still need sorting but the base version of WB7 for the H9S is ok.

Only current problem we have is that the method of pausing in iptv player is a bit hit and miss at times.
This has been reported to air digital/openatv to investigate.
Do not upload updates for the openatv firmware as there are some issues in there which still need sorting but the base version of WB7 for the H9S is ok.

i dont use iptv player tbh, i have my own bouquets made with e-channelizer and use xtream also, do you know if they are both ok ?

I believe that these are 4k boxes, so you will need to use oscam on it m8 ??

What do you mean by this, ie, I'm thinking of getting a h9s (upgrade from h5.2tc) running openAtv 6.1 and groogbuild. will this work for the 4k side? still not fully upto speed with this openatv/oscam etc....

I have both an H2S and a H9S. Night and day the speed difference. Also put an SD card into the H9S and moved all of the files from flash to the SD card so I can put KODI onto it. Works really well

I have my old Sky sat feeds in the H2S so I can record freeview via that while watching IPTV. Would that still be possible on the H9S?

I have my old Sky sat feeds in the H2S so I can record freeview via that while watching IPTV. Would that still be possible on the H9S?
Yep no problem with that. The problem would be if you were watching sat feed and wanted to record another channel on the sat feed as there is only 1 tuner on the H9S (unless you buy another external USB tuner)

Yep no problem with that. The problem would be if you were watching sat feed and wanted to record another channel on the sat feed as there is only 1 tuner on the H9S (unless you buy another external USB tuner)

Cheers Baz, I was hoping that was the answer as it's also cheaper than the H2S :grin:

Looking at the same thing. Move from h2s to h9s.

So a few months in, is everything ok still.

I use twin sat and iptv so if that’s all sorted and I can just put WooshBuild infinity it seems to be the way forward. ?

Back