Satellite Zgemma H7S tuner A dead?

@cactikid
Please see the Posts #41 and #42, that is exactly the same Tuner Config I had on the H7S for both Tuners A + B, Tuner C - Disabled.
Lets wait now until the new Box arrives next week, then I can Test and try again.!
Cheers
AJP

Yes, that's correct that is my D800seV2 Tuner Config.(y)
it works, that is why I posted the two last Pics to show it is working on same Cable but other Box :sunglasses:
I tried ALL the combinations possible on the H7S and no difference.(n)

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

Solution and Update
:thank_you2:

The new H7S arrived today, Set-Up as usual,
Tuner A - 4xSats - 4xPorts A-D /// Tuner B - 4xSats - 4XPorts A-D ///Tuner C - Disabled
Loaded my Settings from DM via DreamboxEdit v.7.2.1.0
and VOILA all OK..Working as should be.
:thumbup:

Special mention @ Willo and @ cactikid (y)
Thanks for your Input Help and Support.
:cool1:

really Apprec.
AJP

PS......Just one thing wrong with the new Box see Pic of Front Display its ALL crooked.(n)
I am NOT having much luck with these Boxes.
Opened ticket with Seller already. Will report outcome.

Attachments

• ZGemma H7S_WoS Display_01.jpg
    ZGemma H7S_WoS Display_01.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Thanks Willo super Tip, Normally I would have NO problem doing this little Job, BUT I am so plagued already with these Boxes,
ALL my bad luck so I don't want to start messing with that. :unsure:
Imagine its broken or bad wiring or whatever in there then I have one more problem.
Seller is sending a Pick-Up service to collect Box and he will send me a NEW one back.(y)
Just Hope new one is OK and the Tuners work...:sick:

We will see, I will report back. I suppose this is all very interesting and sometimes NOT believable what I am going thru.
At least this time I will NOT be loosing money. as was the case with the First Seller.!!:openmouth:
Cheers for now
AJP

Yes Buddy have spoken to him on phone he knows ALL about the First Box and that his Tuners are working.(y)
Will be getting new one ASAP, just hope Tuners and Diseqc are OK :sick:
Cheers.
AJP

OK Guys,
FINAL UPDATE
Second Box came back was also exchanged for a New One.
Again Tuner A+B Set-Up was a little Trial and Error.
I did not bother with Tuner C+Terr2, as I don't use or need that one.!
This time I went straight into the
Tuner Config >
Config Mode - Simple
Mode _ Diseqc A/B/C/D
Port A - 28E
Port B - 19E
Port C - 13E
Port D - 0,8W
Set Voltage 22Khz etc.... - YES
Send Diseqc etc... - NO
Force Legacy etc.... - NO

SAVE and EXIT..!!

Then move to Advance and Check these Settings,

Configurations Mode - Advanced
Satellite - 28E (here is the first Sat Position on your Diseqc Switch mine is 28E) - important
LNB - 1 (here the assigned LNB on Switch , mine is 28E LNB 1) - important
Priority - Auto
LOF - Universal LNB
Voltage Mode - Polarization
Increased Voltage - NO
Tone Mode Band - Band
Diseqc Mode - 1.0
Tonburst - None
Diseqc Command - Port A (here the corresponding Diseqc Command, in my case A for LNB 1) - important
Sequence Repeat - NO
Force Legacy Signal stats - No

You then do this for ALL 4 Sats and the corresponding LNB's....!!!!!
Ports - A thru to D
SAVE and EXIT...!!

Last BUT not least, back to Simple Mode, Choose this Mode .....SAVE and EXIT..!

Then GO to Auto Scan choose which Tuner you want and Press Green for Scan...That it..!!!!!
Should like for me bring up around 5200 Channels for these 4 Sats depending obviously on your Sat Set-Up and Dish size.!

Hope this little Tutorial Helps others who run into this Tuner problem with the Zgemma H7S.
If this FAILS then return the BOX the Tuners or Disqec are Fooket..!!!!

I struggled with my first Box as well.
Only to find that Tuner A was defect and because of that the Diseqc was NOT working as it should.!!

But I dont like to give up and so for me 100% success.!

Many thanks to "willo" and "cactikid" for their persistant Help and Support, really Apprec.!!!
Great Guys Cheers.
AJP

HI Guys,
I finally solved this issue with NO signal on Zgemma Boxes.!!
I had many problems regarding this issue with the Signal on a LOT of ZGemma receivers.
After 5 Boxes the Last one I got is working perfectly with absolutely NO Signal or Tuner ISSUES whatsoever.!!

Mine was the Zgemma H7S with Triple Tuners, 2x DVB-S2X and 1x C-T2

I SOLVED my issue by UNSCREWING and taking OFF the Cable with f-connector from Rear and then putting it back ON but NOT
tightening too much, LEAVE it pretty loose.!!!!

DON'T tighten it so MUCH, that it reaches MAX.!!!!!!!
This brought my signal back straight away.!!!!
It was driving me NUTS because ALL other Receivers I tried on the same Cable worked great NO problems whatsoever.
Been Testing now for several Days, Receiver ON/OFF, Cable ON/OFF, Un-plugging Power socket literally everything I could think of,
I threw at it and NOW its working perfectly.
Hope this Helps.
AJP

HI Guys,
I would like to update the Tuner issues I had with my H7S.

The solution above lasted just two more days then after switching the Box OFF and then ON again next Day the Signal and Tuners were gone
again. Nothing I did brought the Signal back. Only thing left to do was to send it back and ask for a refund.

The Dealer was really annoyed and said he sells hundreds of these and never had an issue with them. After a bit of Mail correspondence he
gave me a Refund BUT not the 4x postage Returns. So again I was at a loss with another £16,40.

Finally I decided to get the Octagon SF8008 4K and an Amiko Viper Combo 4K (the Amiko has the same Tuners DVD-S2X and a C/T2) and these
work without any problems whatsoever. They both run off the same Sat system and there are NO problems. Signal and Tuners OK

The fix I experienced with the Post above and NOT screwing in too tightly was cleared up by a friend of mine who is an Engineer in Germany.
He told me that what may have been happening, was the PSU failing or defect or just totally screwed and every time it was getting the LNB power
burst it was NOT capable of handling the extra Load.!

The fact that it was in loose was somehow causing this to work with all the combinations of LNB - 22Khz at 0.5v, the Polarization V&H 14v-18v
DC Voltage, also, last but NOT least the LNB requires 125mA if its older then a little more otherwise it will NOT work correctly.
ALL these factors play a role.
The Sat engineer who came and inspected my Set-Up cost me £187 and found absolutely NOTHING wrong or out of place that really got up my nose.!!

So maybe the problem with these Zgemma Boxes IS really a PSU issue. Unfortunately I only spoke to him after I got rid of the H7S and so I could
NOT check this theory out.
I am still really pi**ed off that I could NOT fix these issues because the HDD in Box installation is really something I like and now I have two other
Boxes with half the Storage Amiko 256GB and SF8008 200GB and both on SDXC. NOT the same as HDD inside.!
Don't get me wrong the new Boxes are great Super Fast and Stable they both run like Trains.!!!

I read here on another thread just recently that more guys have problems with Tuners on ALL Zgemma Models even the H9 Series.

OK I hope his explanation Helps anyone having the same problems, please change the PSU for another and Test. Before you chuck in the bin.!
Good Luck
Cheers
AJP

Last edited:
Back