Satellite Zgemma H7S tuner A dead?

Many others,hdmi,usb ports,tuner ports.
Always have UNITS powered off before messing with cables as well known for something to surge and blow

Hi guys, i know this is an old Thread but may I jump in with my problem,
Same as "stuntdouble" Tuner problems...I received my H7S today and been trying to Set it up for Hours.
Driving me Potty, I am NOT really a newbie, have a little experience with these things started a thousand years ago with D-Box 1 and D-Box2.
Then moved on to Dream 800 thru to 8000 incl 800seV1+2 and been there ever since, BUT all this hype about Zgemma H7S has made me very inquisitive .

I have been reading on all the forums I know and gathered all the INFO about, How to ..etc, etc
OK got the Box this morning, started by Flashing the Latest Image openATV 6.4, all that went smoothly NO problems.

Then did some personal Set ups, Button Functions, Preferences, etc,etc, etc,

During the Initial Setup I chose NOT to Scan Sats or use Default. Wanted to Load my own from my DM.
I have Sats from 45W to 62E on a Multi Philips/Fibo movable Dish. Plus AL the IPTV..literally thousands.!!
So a lot of Sats to Tune fresh....NOT something I want to do again.!

After Configuring my Tuners assigning Tuner A with the LNB to 4 Sats, 28E,19E,13E, and 0,8W, leaving Tuner B as equal to A and Tuner C not configured,
AND after loading my own personal setting, I get nothing...!!!

Could it be that being an ARM Box as opposed to DM MIPS that the settings are NOT compatibe.?
Anyway I decided to Auto Scan just to test out the Tuners...nothing.....!!, then I tried Manual Scan 19E and 28.2E..nothing.!!
Getting a little Frustrated now.

Changed from Tuner A to Tuner B same results.....nothing.
I have attached a few Pics to show whats happening, Hope some of you great Guys here can shed some light on this problem.

Have already prepare the Dealer for a Return because i noticed that the Box may have been used before.
Proof: 1.Cable and Terr Tuner was already SetUp, 2. CCcam was installed, 3.Sats already SetUp 9E, 23E, etc etc...and finally Poloriser was enabled.!!
These are things that should NOT be on a NEW Box.

Thanks for any Help
Stay safe Guys..
Regards
AJP

Attachments

• Pic.1_ZGemma H7S_SatTuner Connection.jpg
    Pic.1_ZGemma H7S_SatTuner Connection.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 14
  • Pic.2_ZGemma H7S_Cable or Terr_NOT connected.jpg
    Pic.2_ZGemma H7S_Cable or Terr_NOT connected.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 16
  • Pic.3_ZGemma H7S_Tuner Configuration_exactly the same as my other Boxes.jpg
    Pic.3_ZGemma H7S_Tuner Configuration_exactly the same as my other Boxes.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 14
  • Pic.4_ZGemma H7S_Scan_Astra 19E_nothing.jpg
    Pic.4_ZGemma H7S_Scan_Astra 19E_nothing.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 14
  • Pic.5_ZGemma H7S_Scan_28,2E_nothing.jpg
    Pic.5_ZGemma H7S_Scan_28,2E_nothing.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 13
  • Pic.6_DM800seV2  TunerA Same_SetUp.jpg
    Pic.6_DM800seV2 TunerA Same_SetUp.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 12
  • Pic.7_DM800seV2 Tuner A_working.jpg
    Pic.7_DM800seV2 Tuner A_working.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Have you tried a scan of say 28.2, having made sure the dish is pointing there?

I use my own settings and confirm that can be used from a VU Ultimo 4k and from a VU Duo2

@Jimdefruit, thanks for your reply,
YES the Dishes I am using for this Configuration is 100% pointed at the Sats in the Zgemma Tuner Config,
The Same Cabe attached to my Dreambox standing next to it, with exactly the same Config, works NO problem.!!

Ok....so if you use your VU settings its NOT a settings compatibility issue that's good.!!

This issue left me NO peace of mind So today I unpacked it again and Setup it up to give it one more try.!
Downloaded 4 other images to Test.
I tried a Factory Reset BUT his DID NOT work at ALL. So I am more certain now that its a BOX issue and NOT my Tuner Config, or Image.
Am in contact with Dealer and will hopefully, I will get a NEW Zgemma H7S.
Will update thread when I get NEW Box.
Thanks
AJP

How did you align your dish was it in usals because if your on 28.2 and scanning on 13. 0 channels will be found.
New boxes only come with image and dont say protective cover over front has big bubbles:fearscream:
If you have proof send them that over a pm or email.

@cactikid, NO not USALS for this Config,
4 Sats from two Dish, Universal LNBs.
Dish SetUp is 100% that is definitely NOT my problem.
Cables, Connections and Diseqc are also 100% in order..!!
The exact same Config as on my Dreamboxs standing next to the Zgemma, (same Cable connected from Dish is used for BOTH Boxes)
and NO issues or problems on the DM........ ONLY on ZGemma H7S.!!
Thanks
AJP

Ok so this box is not setup to drive your motor?

Do you have multi lnbs to get different sats.

not into this much so like a thrill.

Ok so it is motorised and the same settings used from dreambox, do you see or hear dish moving.

Thinking diseqc is only used on many sats to combine to one feed and not for use on a movable dish?

I use usalls settings for a F1

Attachments

• motorised.jpg
    motorised.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
YES....see my first reply, Two Dishes - 4 LNBs - Diseqc for this SetUp and Config.!
I use the 45W>62E Moveable Dish on another separate Configuration has NOTHING to do with the ZGemma H7S.
I think all has been said, lets wait until I get NEW Box and I will see what happens.
Thanks , really apprec replies.
AJP

One last thing is Tuner A the bottom one in?
Did you change your tuner to Tuner B with cable in same tuner?
And with 1 cable as not connected =Disabled.

YES..ALL done as described,
Top Tuner Connection is "LNB IN" Bottom One is "RF IN".
PLEASE see the Pics above in my First Post they show albeit a little Blurry, the connected Top TUNER Port A, Bottom TUNER B is not connected
and EMPTY Cable/Terr TV Port.
NO CableTV or Terr TUNER in use.
Don't have Aerials on Roof, SAT ONLY in use.
Thanks
AJP

I have a 4k box in my hand both f connectors say lnb in and at bottom it says tuner a/b
But zgemma never said which is A or B

R/F is cable.

What i am asking how do you know that your on tuner A and not connected into B
zgemma have always had issues in trying to mark on box Tuner A or 1 ,. Tuner B or 2.

@cactikid, you are missing the point or NOT reading the answers Buddy,
I am NOT using USALS OR the Moveable Dish for this Set up.
I have several SetUps, BUT that is NOT the problem or Issue here.!!!
I have two stationery Dishes with 4 Universal LNBs and Diseqc Switch to one CABLE into the DM and now Zgemma.!...
The DM works perfectly the Zgemma finds nothing in Scan functions.....Either Auto Scan or Manual Scan.
The Box is packed up again and going back to Dealer.
Thanks for your imput
regards.
AJP

I have read and reread first post and images.
Your issue is not picking up on a scan
My question was how do you know you were in Tuner A and not B as these boxes are confusing.
Maybe you did not say you had scanned on Tuner B with cable in same position and got the same result.

With dealers you have to pay post and packing to return and if found working pay for it to be sent back to you.

Just covering all bases for a good outcome.

I have a 4k box in my hand both f connectors say lnb in and at bottom it says tuner a/b
But zgemma never said which is A or B

R/F is cable.

What i am asking how do you know that your on tuner A and not connected into B
zgemma have always had issues in trying to mark on box Tuner A or 1 ,. Tuner B or 2.

Exactly, the Top Connection is for Tuners A+B the Bottom one RF is NOT connected because i don't have Cable TV and the third Connector
to the Right of those two is for Terr Aerials, which I also DON'T have.
The chosen Tuner is Displayed in the Top Left Hand corner...!! A or B etc,etc,
I am assuming that when one Configures the Tuners in TUNER CONFIGURATION and makes configures Tuner A Port A-D and Tuner B as Equal or even same as Tuner A, the Change over is done Automatically, meaning if Tuner A is configured with 4 Ports then this one will be selected Automatically and NOT Tuner B
even if its Equal to A.........or am I missing something completely her.???

I tried the openPli image as well and this has a much simpler Tuner Config than openATV/openVIX BUT still the Tuners Scan............. nothing

OK... I will open the Box up again for third time and Try it ALL again with Cable connected to Tuner A Configured to 4 Ports A-D and
Tuner B will be set as Equal to A.
Then I will try connecting Cable to Tuner B Configured to 4 Ports A-D and tuner A as Equal.
I cannot connect anything to the Third Connector on the Right , as I have nothing to connect to.!
Thanks for your kind words and the Tip with Dealer DID not know that.!
Will keep you updated.
Thanks
AJP

Last edited:
The bottom is another F connector screw in lnb in
R/F is the push in as not in use.

As you only have 1 feed not 2 i would ask redo the same setup and try tuner B and see what happens
Leave the other tuner disabled.

The bottom is another F connector screw in lnb in
R/F is the push in as not in use.

As you only have 1 feed not 2 i would ask redo the same setup and try tuner B and see what happens
Leave the other tuner disabled.

YES that's what I will try, NOW will keep you updated.
Thanks

Update
Top Connector "LNB IN" TUNER A not configured, TUNER B 4 Sats 4 Ports A-D and RF Connector and TUNER C not connected .!!
Tried Scan got "Green Screen" Box re-bootet..!!!! dont like that at ALL.
Trying another image now.. Will report.

Back