Zgemma H7S with slot for SSD

First post here outside of the intro section so apologies if this is in the wrong place!

I have read elsewhere that there are H7S that have a slot at the back for an ssd/hdd rather than the one with the built in 500gb. Is there a particular model number that I should search by when looking for one, as I can only find ones without the slot online.

Also, are there guides online to setting up the box for Saorview and Freesat? I wouldn't have much experience with this sort of thing but am comfortable following guides on tech.

you would use an external hdd with usb and plug it into the back of the box in one of the usb ports the H7S doesn't come with built in hdd, you insert it yourself unless the reseller you are buying from as adding it as an option

First post here outside of the intro section so apologies if this is in the wrong place!

I have read elsewhere that there are H7S that have a slot at the back for an ssd/hdd rather than the one with the built in 500gb. Is there a particular model number that I should search by when looking for one, as I can only find ones without the slot online.

Also, are there guides online to setting up the box for Saorview and Freesat? I wouldn't have much experience with this sort of thing but am comfortable following guides on tech.
You can just use a usb mounted in the box for extra storage and memory

Use an internal hdd or externally powered desktop hdd 1TB or More if you need think i have a 1TB.

There were some funny models of zgemma h7s with ones with the slot in rear but most are mounted inside.

Thanks guys. That sounds fine, I'm used to that kind of set up with my consoles, just thought I could have my satellite receiver look a bit tidier!

In case you wondered Admin moved the thread into the H7 thread as you had posted in the cable section = known as dead box for V M
Your box will be SAT and Saorview.

Would it have to be an externally powered hard drive or could it just be a standard external hard drive? It's been years since I had an externally powered one

Would it have to be an externally powered hard drive or could it just be a standard external hard drive? It's been years since I had an externally powered one
I use a box standard toshiba canvio basics 1tb which is powered by the usb port on the box and has been running fine for years, others will tell you to get an externally powered one, there is no need but its personal choice

Ample that is unless you record loads
Recorded a lot of films,tv series and downloaded plenty too from the e2iplayer,never gone past 60 % storage.
and that includes all those Married at first Shite tv shows the Missus wants too watch lol.😁

Sometimes usb fails as i started with 2 usb passports and not worked.
Not had issues with externally powered.
Others have used a usb powered hub.

Humax might be the bigger hdd?

Many hdds here and Nas must be 18tb in total.

I currently have a 1tb hard drive in my humax 1100d and have 7% used on it.....I am one of those weirdos that always thinks they will need way more storage than they actually need
you can never have too much space, you can have too little space often, the price difference isn't massive, get external hdd 1tb for less than £50, I only paid £45 about 4 years ago

Sometimes usb fails as i started with 2 usb passports and not worked.
Not had issues with externally powered.
Others have used a usb powered hub.

Humax might be the bigger hdd?

Many hdds here and Nas must be 18tb in total.
I would imagine it is a bigger one, the box is quite bulky and the hdd is fairly noisy.

You're just giving me a reason to pull the trigger on the Zgemma and go fiddling with it right when I was trying to talk myself out of buying another gadget!

Back