Zgemma H7s won’t pass 49 in boot help

A re-flash of a new image to the box m8, or if you happen to have a back-up of your image, then reflash it back onto the box....

A re-flash of a new image to the box m8, or if you happen to have a back-up of your image, then reflash it back onto the box....

It appears to be a feature of owning a Zgemma; the frequent need to re-flash. Only 10n days ago, I had to rebuild my Zgemma H2S ie OpenATV 6.3; Wooshbuild then the Stream Editor. What I have noticed is that, the number of updates in the Software Manager is extraordinary. Yesterday there were no less than 107 updates and, when downloaded and applied, the reboot failed to go beyond 49%. as a result, we had to start over. So whilst we are now up and running again I am in no doubt that I shall need to repeat this again, and again and again ....
So, two options as far as I can see :-
1. Change the Zgemma in te hope that it is somehow hardware related or
2. Swap to OpenViX (but I have no idea whether that is better or more stable)

Would LOVE to hear from someone who has some experience n this.
Thanks
John

Don't get obsessed with updating your software unless there's something wrong with it.
If it's working well, leave it alone.
OpenATV release nightly builds so there will always be updates.
OpenViX only release updates every couple of weeks, after they have been tested.

Had that myself m8 with a zgemma h5,2tc, and i also believe it is a zgemma box issue, I flashed a m8 box for him, and it stuck on the 49 boot up scenario after about 2 months, I had the original image on the usb stick that i had flashed that box earlier with, and when i went back to reuse it on that original box that i had flashed, and it would not re-install whatsoever, i had to do a format on the usb stick first, before the box would see the stick with the new image, but, yes, their something on these boxes that make them do this, and a lot of usb stick won't work either on these boxes...

So, two options as far as I can see :-
1. Change the Zgemma in te hope that it is somehow hardware related or
2. Swap to OpenViX (but I have no idea whether that is better or more stable)

Would LOVE to hear from someone who has some experience n this.
Thanks
John

go try openvix yourself m8 it works ok on the H7S / H7C boxes

IMO openatv is not stable for these boxes but everyone has there choice on software

i have latest openvix installed works good...

also tried Pure2 this is ok too...

I'd be tempted to create one usin the manual method and vi editor to see if that clears up the glitch

go try openvix yourself m8 it works ok on the H7S / H7C boxes

IMO openatv is not stable for these boxes but everyone has there choice on software

i have latest openvix installed works good...

also tried Pure2 this is ok too...
Thanks. However I currently have the H2S; I cannot see a version of OpenViX available for the H2S. Is that correct?
Yes; whilst I recognise the adage of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it'; I also understand that fixes are required from time to time. With over 100 updates PER WEEK I ask myself WHAT the XXXX is going on? Is it OpenATV or is is Wooshbuild?
The big question is that, is my upgrade to the H7S, will I continue to have to rebuild every few weeks. It's not just a pain for me, it's embarrassing to have to return to the content provider to ask them for yet another QR CODE!
Thanks for your thoughts
John

... It's OpenATV, they release updates on a nightly basis. Mostly these updates are just fixes for newly released receivers.
OpenViX have never supported the early Zgemma's. There's an unsupported (by the ViX Team) version in the downloads section:

WilloBuild ViX 5.2 for Zgemma
So; please confirm that :-
OpenATV 6.3 is not the problem, it's the Zgemma's ability to handle 000s of updates, the vast majority of which are not necessary?
Therefore, if I upgrade to the H7S I should get MUCH better performance and that software updates should be ignored ?
Thanks for your help; appreciated
John

Back