Zgemma H9 2H IPTV unable to play HD / UHD streams successfully

Good afternoon all,

I received my zgemma H9 2H box earlier in the week and I have been having some trouble with it.
I am using it solely for IPTV.
It came loaded with atv 6.2 out of the box. I installed whooshbuild infinity along with the Serviceapp (Enigma2 playback system from default to serviceapp and then changed the Player to exte3player.)

Within the IPTV Bouquet Maker app I set the TV Stream Type to 5002 and then selected "Create Bouquets" from the main menu. The bouquets generated successfully along with the associated EPG.

The channel list loads fine and I am able to navigate between the different sections of my IPTV service using the <PREV and NEXT> buttons on the remote.

The problem I am having is that whenever I select a "HD" stream I get terrible stuttering and lagging. BeeBeeCee One SD works absolutely fine for example, whereas when selecting BeeBeeCee HD, the picture and sound stutter every few seconds to the point where it is unwatchable.

I have cleared bouquets and regenerated them, selecting 5001 for the TV Stream Type aswell as 4097, all with the same result.

In terms of my broadband, I have tested on the box itself an I am getting 69.70 Mbits/s download and 17.36Mbits/s upload.

I have added two separate IPTV services and experience the same juddering and stuttering with the HD channels, irrespective of the TV Stream Type selected.

The same channels play without issue on my Amazon Firestick 4K and my phone (via various apps).

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this please or how to remedy it? My box was bought purely for IPTV purposes (we do not have VM in this area at the moment), however at the moment it is functioning like an expensive doorstop. I appreciate that these boxes are built for satellite / cable functions primarily, but I would have expected some decent IPTV performance, based on the videos I have seen online.

Any help would be much appreciated
Cheers
Jimmy

You could try setting up a swap file on your usb or hdd drive and see if that helps.
Hello mate.

I may be mistaken but I think whooshbuild automatically creates a swap file for you as part of the USB drive initialisation process.

Is there a specific utility where you can verify / create a swap file that you are aware of please ?

Cheers

Yes mate I am, are you having similar issues ?

If I run the same streams on my 4k firestick they play fine.

I was mate, ended up leaving for a new BB provider. If your iptv provider allows a vpn you will find all your problems will go away.
Check out Vodafone's own forum you will find a lot of discussion about it. It seems they have been having streaming problems since November
and have finally owned up to something being wrong there end and are now looking into it.
To confirm i would try and setup a vpn and then you will know for sure.

Hi mate.

I used the m3u file when importing via IPTV Bouquet Maker.

I have also tried to import via the QR code when using the Xtream Editor plugin.

Is one method better than the other?

Cheers
Xtream Editor is the best way to import your channels (m3u file) and dont forget to switch serviceapp player to exteplayer3 its the best player so far

Firstly, on your M3U link, change the stream type from ts to m3u8 (it's better if your provider supports it) Then set the file type in the config to 4097 and create the bouquets again. I would also try with the player set to original in the serviceapp settings, I find it better with the H9 boxes and it also better supports live pause and recording

Xtream Editor works well , my current supplier won't use m3u anymore he has gone on to Xtream Editor using Api instead of m3u.I also noticed that Editor now has the xe vpn plugin to make it easier to ue a vpn if you need to.

I was mate, ended up leaving for a new BB provider. If your iptv provider allows a vpn you will find all your problems will go away.
Check out Vodafone's own forum you will find a lot of discussion about it. It seems they have been having streaming problems since November
and have finally owned up to something being wrong there end and are now looking into it.
To confirm i would try and setup a vpn and then you will know for sure.

Hello mate, I did check out the VF forums and I must say I was still a little dubious that this could be the issue as the same streams played absolutely fine on my 4k firestick (on the same VF broadband network).

However, I did use the XC VPN plug in (as I already had a PrivateInternetAccess account) and configured it to a UK - Manchester VPN. The same channels that were previously buffering, then worked absolutely fine. Very bizarre. It must be some conflict with the way VF handle the streams initiated from the zgemma box / zgemma builds for this box.

Thank you for the suggestion to try the VPN mate as I wasted a lot of time trying to troubleshoot this issue.

Firstly, on your M3U link, change the stream type from ts to m3u8 (it's better if your provider supports it) Then set the file type in the config to 4097 and create the bouquets again. I would also try with the player set to original in the serviceapp settings, I find it better with the H9 boxes and it also better supports live pause and recording
Hello mate, thank you for the suggestion. Useful to know. I think it is the Vodafone throttling combined with the zgemma / build streaming mechanism that is causing the conflict as per my post above. Very strange, but for whatever reason, the VPN eliminates the issue on my zgemma (my 4k firestick continues to play the same streams absolutely fine, without a VPN).

Cheers

Xtream Editor works well , my current supplier won't use m3u anymore he has gone on to Xtream Editor using Api instead of m3u.I also noticed that Editor now has the xe vpn plugin to make it easier to ue a vpn if you need to.
Yes mate, on a few of my many build re-installs whilst trying to diagnose this issue, I used Xtream Editor to import the bouquets. I have my own Xtream Editor account so I was able to add the code (under the QR code) directly to my line and import the bouquets that way. The XC VPN add in actually sorted this mystery issue out for me.

Cheers

Is there anybody who can help me set up mine I am willing to pay for it ... I want to set it up for vermin I’ve set up h2h but really struggling with this one please help

Back