Zgemma h9.2S not working

lalineaman

TK Supporter
Good morning all,

I wonder whether someone can help me.

I have the above receiver, which I purchased in May of 2019, but only used it until about December of the same year when a relative gave me a VU+ Zero 4 K.

I want to start using the Zgemma again, in order to take advantage of the twin tuners, but I find that it does not respond to the remote control. I have flashed it several times, and the flashed image logo appears on the screen, but tthat is as far as it goes; I cannot get it to go
beyond that.

Is the receiver defunct or is there any way that I can revivie it?

I do know that the remote control is works, as I have tried two units, and have done the infrared test on the mobile phone, so It appears that the fault is with the receiver.

I would appreaciate any help and/or suggestions.

Thank you.

Hi @pabloescaban.

Thank you for your suggestion!

As I mentioned in my original post, I have tried two different remotes with new, fresh batteries in them, having purchased a second remote separately for the purpose.

Can you access the box with openwebif and use the virtual remote?
Did you change the remote control codes when you were last using it? (not sure if you can on a H9) If so restoring a settings backup should sort it.

Hi @Willo3092.

Thank you for your response!

The receiver does not seem to respond in any way, other than accept a flash image which appears on the TV screen. I cannot access it via OpneWebif, nor does it appear on the list of attached devices attached to the router, whereas the VU+ is on there...
I have been using satellite receivers fro several years now, so I am aware of what has to be done to flash them, etc, but I have not come accross this problem previously.
I am quite resigned to the fact that I have a 'dead' receiver, but I am just trying to find out from knowledgable people on here whether there might be a possible solution.

Thank you again.

Depending where you bought it from it maybe under warranty. I doubt very much its the box though so is it hard wired or wifi connected

Try this:

Format your USB stick with this:
http://www.willobuild.net/files/Utilities/Preparing Flash Drives.zip

Download this image and extract to USB stick:
http://images.mynonpublic.com/openatv/6.4/zgemmah7/openatv-6.4-zgemmah7-20201209_recovery_emmc.zip

Insert stick into white rear USB port and power on whilst holding the little button in under the front flap until FLSH appears on LCD.

Once the flash is complete power off and remove the flash drive, insert storage drive if no internal hdd fitted and then power on.

Hi @moshibeth: Apologies for the latethank you and reply! The receiver is hard wired.

Hi again, @Willo3092. As you suggested, I have formatted the flashdrive using the utility that you have sent me and I have flashed it with the image as per your link, but this time it has failed to flash. Could it be because it refers to a Zgemma H7?

In any case, thank you both for your input!

Hi @moshibeth: Apologies for the latethank you and reply! The receiver is hard wired.

Hi again, @Willo3092. As you suggested, I have formatted the flashdrive using the utility that you have sent me and I have flashed it with the image as per your link, but this time it has failed to flash. Could it be because it refers to a Zgemma H7?

In any case, thank you both for your input!
Have you looked in menu-information-network for the ip address

As @pabloescaban says, I have no access to the receiver at all with either of the TWO remotes which both have fresh batteries.

Thank you all for your help! I shall refere it to the vendor, as it is still under their warranty of two years, although they were my first port of call and all they have done is email me an image to flash.

As @pabloescaban says, I have no access to the receiver at all with either of the TWO remotes which both have fresh batteries.

Thank you all for your help! I shall refere it to the vendor, as it is still under their warranty of two years, although they were my first port of call and all they have done is email me an image to
It must be listed in your router settings surely showing what devices are connected

@moshibeth , as I mentioned in post No 5, , the receiver does NOT apear in the list of attached devices on the router, which is most peculiar, hence I am not able to access it via OpenWebif...
@Willo3092 , there is no need to apologise and thank you! I do really appreciate your help - as appreciate the help from everyone else! I shall have a go your latest suggestion tomorrow and, if that doesn't work, I shall speak to the vendor.

@moshibeth , as I mentioned in post No 5, , the receiver does NOT apear in the list of attached devices on the router, which is most peculiar, hence I am not able to access it via OpenWebif...
@Willo3092 , there is no need to apologise and thank you! I do really appreciate your help - as appreciate the help from everyone else! I shall have a go your latest suggestion tomorrow and, if that doesn't work, I shall speak to the vendor.
Reboot the router.
Wait for it to fully restart and check whether the box is visible in local network. I've had this several times with filezilla and samba and only a hard reboot of the router fixed it

If the box has a working ip it will be listed
Yes, it doesn't have a working ip.
My H7 has done this half a dozen times. Even though I know the box ip, webif, samba and filezilla don't work.
Power off the router for five minutes and it all connects again

Back