Zgemma H9.2S

lalineaman

TK Supporter
Hi all,

I have been on here previously regarding this box but my current problem is slightly different, and wonder whethet one of you knowledgeable people can help me.

I have flashed the receiver with OpenAtv 6.4 and the receiver powers on, displays the image on the screen... and then it goes off - as if the machine has been switched off, althought the light at the front remains 'white' - and it does not respond to either of the two remotes that I own. One of remotes is the original, the other purchased just in case the former was faulty. I have done the mobile phone test and they both work and yes, they both have new batteries in them.

I have done a lot of research on here and cannot find a soultion, nor indeed the same problem.

Can someone suggest something that will help me, please?

Thank you for any responses.

You could try reflash other versions of the image if you have not already.

If it does not see the usb and wont flash then thats an whole different story.

Last edited:
Thenk you for the prompt response @Fez1.

I should add that I use satellite with a line, so I thought that I would use the latest available.

I have tried OpenVix, alas with the same result.

Is it possible that the original sofware that is in the machine, when it is purchased, is corrupted?

So it still takes other images but you end up with the white light.

Other member may have some suggestions but from my experience it possibly you bootloader is corrupt.

If it is then youll need to use Hitool a pc based software with a jtag type device to recover it.

If you have only just purchased the box send it back.

Unfortunately, it is a couple of years old now, and I have takend the cover off to check for obvious fault, although i am not very technical.

I am leaning towards the bootloader problem but, as yuou suggest, I would welcome other opinions on the matter.

Thank you very much again for your input!

Is there anyone that can offer any help with this, please?
Use a different power supply.
Try to get one a bit more powerful, EG if the one you have is 12v 3A try to get a 12v 5A.

If you can only find ones of the same ampage try these as faulty PSU is a common problem

Thank you for the reply @pablo.

That seems to make sense. I shall try that, as I have done nothing to the receiver that would have caused it to fail.

Thenk you for the prompt response @Fez1.

I should add that I use satellite with a line, so I thought that I would use the latest available.

I have tried OpenVix, alas with the same result.

Is it possible that the original sofware that is in the machine, when it is purchased, is corrupted?
Sounds like your power cable going to the box is the issue. Do you have another one you can try

@pabloescaban & @moshibeth,
Thank you both for the suggestion. A different power supply has indeed done the trick and the receiver is alive again!

Currently, I use a vu+ Zero 4k, which iworks absolutely fine using a motorised set-up. The reason for wanting to change to the Zgemma is to benefit from it having two tuners. The problem that I have now is that the Zegemma doesn't seem to find the satellites but, if I switch back to the vu+, everything works fine!

The settings are the same in the two receivers. Is there a way of identifying whether the tuners have failed?

Thanks again in anticipation of responses.

Hi @pablo...

I have only the one tuner in use at the moment - Tuner A, as I have to run another cable for the second - and have set it up as USALS. I have used this receiver in the past with a single tuner, and it worked fine. Tuner B is not configured.

Hi @pablo...

I have only the one tuner in use at the moment - Tuner A, as I have to run another cable for the second - and have set it up as USALS. I have used this receiver in the past with a single tuner, and it worked fine. Tuner B is not configured.
I know less than nothing about motorised systems so USALS and such likes mean nothing to me.
I'd just plug one cable in, set it to sky UK and scan for channels

Oh, not a problem ,and thank you for your assistance in any way you can!

What I have done is tune the Vu+ to Astra 19.2 and replaced it with the Zgemma. There is no signal at all on the Zgemma but, if I reconnect the Vu+, it goes back to working perfectly... Very strange! What I don't want to do is mess about with the motor settings, as this may throw them out for both receivers!

It's not a great deal, as I can use the VU+, and the facility to watch one channel and record another is luxury; but the facility is there and it seems a shame not to use it.

Thank you again. I really appreciate your help!

Back