Zgemma H9S motorised set up help needed ?

carmine

For over a year now I changed my vu duo to a Zgemma H9S into my motorised set up. I have a triax 95cm dish and alsat dark motor.
Anyway last week was changing channels from one dish position to another and all of a sudden I could only get channels on one sat position which was 16 east. I use to be able to get from 42 east all the way to 30 west.
So tried reflashing firmware I use Openpli was on 7.0 but updated to 7.3. after that tried 13 East nothing tried 16 east tuned all channels but no other positions checked motor no lights no power. A couple of months before had noticed when dish moved easterly was making a juddery noise. So bought new motor installed it and now can't get a strong signal on 0.8 west. So have left it tightened loosely. With zgemma remote open signal finder it shows 16 east move back to 0.8 west with frequency I know lock comes up on screen in green I get a signal for about two secs then nothing.
Can anyone help or advise me please ?

How do you know you lined the whole set up correctly? Normally you would drive motor to 0, ensure you motor is actually on 0 with the whole set up pointing at due south. Use a compass. Then turn the channel to 0.8w and the dish should move a fraction. This is where you would peak your dish on 0.8w using a channel like aljazeera english.

How do you know you lined the whole set up correctly? Normally you would drive motor to 0, ensure you motor is actually on 0 with the whole set up pointing at due south. Use a compass. Then turn the channel to 0.8w and the dish should move a fraction. This is where you would peak your dish on 0.8w using a channel like aljazeera english.
That's what I have done but once it's stopped raining will try again. Do you think it's worth reflashing image again or not as I can't get rid of 16 east channels

I am not sure what you mean you cannot get rid of the 16e channels. If you push say ok on remote and then up does that take you into the channel list and you can select a colour for all satellite? That should bring up a list of all sats in your channel list. Have you tried something like menu, settings, reception, positioner set up, goto 0? That should drive your dish to 0.

When using USAL The built In settings with in
The reciever If your installation is not 100%
The dish will not track the geographical arck
Correctly I personally would check your installation and start over again using a base
Image on your reciever

When using USAL The built In settings with in
The reciever If your installation is not 100%
The dish will not track the geographical arck
Correctly I personally would check your installation and start over again using a base
Image on your reciever
So you recommend a reflash ? And try setting dish to South then finding 0.8 west get a strong signal then try tuning other satellite positions ?

Must try and find compass I used to set this up as I did many years ago

If you have a smartphone you can download a compass app. :) just keep your phone as far away from anything metal as possible to avoid interference.

This is reference satellites for locations
This is the satellite you should use when setting up your motorised dish.

London & South East England=Thor 5 & 6 @ 0.8 west or Intelsat 10-02 @ 1 west
West Country & Wales=Atlanticbird-3 @ 5 west,
Liverpool & North West=Atlanticbird-3 @ 5 west ,Intelsat 10-02 @ 1 west or Thor,
Midlands & North West England=Intelsat 10-02 @ 1 west or Thor,
Scotland =Atlanticbird-3 @ 5 west, Intelsat 10-02 @ 1 west or Thor,
Outer Hebrides = Atlanticbird-3 @ 5west or Atlanticdird-2 @ 8 west,
South West Ireland = Atlanticbird-1 @ 12.5 west,
Central Ireland=Atlanticbird-2 @ 8 west,
Dublin & Belfast Atlanticbird-3 @ 5 west,
Le Harve North West France=1 west either Thor or Intelsat,
Belgium & Netherlands=Sirius-4 @ 4.8 east or Eutelsat W3A @ 7east
West France =Atlanticbird-3 @ 5 west
Paris & Central France=Sirius-4 @ 4.8 east or Thor @ 0.8 west
Lyon Marseilles & East France= Eutelsat W3A @ 7 east

This is reference satellites for locations
This is the satellite you should use when setting up your motorised dish.

London & South East England=Thor 5 & 6 @ 0.8 west or Intelsat 10-02 @ 1 west
West Country & Wales=Atlanticbird-3 @ 5 west,
Liverpool & North West=Atlanticbird-3 @ 5 west ,Intelsat 10-02 @ 1 west or Thor,
Midlands & North West England=Intelsat 10-02 @ 1 west or Thor,
Scotland =Atlanticbird-3 @ 5 west, Intelsat 10-02 @ 1 west or Thor,
Outer Hebrides = Atlanticbird-3 @ 5west or Atlanticdird-2 @ 8 west,
South West Ireland = Atlanticbird-1 @ 12.5 west,
Central Ireland=Atlanticbird-2 @ 8 west,
Dublin & Belfast Atlanticbird-3 @ 5 west,
Le Harve North West France=1 west either Thor or Intelsat,
Belgium & Netherlands=Sirius-4 @ 4.8 east or Eutelsat W3A @ 7east
West France =Atlanticbird-3 @ 5 west
Paris & Central France=Sirius-4 @ 4.8 east or Thor @ 0.8 west
Lyon Marseilles & East France= Eutelsat W3A @ 7 east
Great thankyou
That's good I do to have for myself and everyone else on this great forum

Great thankyou
That's good I do to have for myself and everyone else on this great forum
Is there a post or thread that lists best frequencies to use to pull in best signal and in that way the arc
I read somewhere that aljazera frequency good for 0.8 west

Also just in case I ever move house and want to install again is there a good tutorial I can down from start to finish ?

Back