Zgemma H9S motorised set up help needed ?

I remember having lots of problems on dreamboxes running multisats on the openpli image, I now use openatv 6.4, never had any problems with that, but using a zgemma h5 now.

When I did mine a few year ago, I made sure plumb was the operative word. I faffed around trying to get it to run West to East on the arc for whatever reason it would skip one or two sats those at either end west or east.
So, I stuck a tv in the window at the side of the dish and using settings manual find I mauled screwing unscrewing the motor to the pole packing it etc till it went 45w - 45e then tightened it all up. since then it's never moved, I don't mean moved in the wind I mean west to east. Tbh it was an utter pointless task I would have been better off throwin up a 60cm 28.2 and be done. wife mentions it every day to take down the monstrosity but I see it as a conquering of the airwaves. Only men know that good old CS days feeling when it moved 45w to 45e and you here the motor chugging away then wooooosh on comes Canal football

I always said when the learning went the fun goes with it, spoon fed IPTV is pants

Well worth having a motorized dish,if you have space in the garden for it you can pick them up for peanuts secondhand,I got one from schpock for about £15 including all the fittings,broke the motor on installation being heavy handed and got another from eBay for £5,I had to pick them up but they were 30 min round trip.

Top tip when you install a motorised system
And your installation is perfect Take a permanent mark Mark where your dish elevation lines up and your motor elevation
If the system is effected by bad weather Only
A matter of lining the marks up again (y) (y)

Top tip when you install a motorised system
And your installation is perfect Take a permanent mark Mark where your dish elevation lines up and your motor elevation
If the system is effected by bad weather Only
A matter of lining the marks up again (y) (y)
Done already great tip thanks,
do you think the Zgemma that i have is a reliable box, it has been until motor packed up lol

The h9 series recievers had isues
Not being able to provide another power
To move satellite motors Users changed
There power Adaptor I then found out there
Was a bug in the drivers which was fixed

The h9 series recievers had isues
Not being able to provide another power
To move satellite motors Users changed
There power Adaptor I then found out there
Was a bug in the drivers which was fixed
Oh Okay thats good to know
My motor needed replacing and seems all okay now

I remember some while ago I had issues with zgemma's and powering my Sat motor. I can't remember in which order but it was with a zgemma H5 and a H2. One would spin the motor while the other wouldn't. I've not tried the H9s but I will give it a go later on.

I remember some while ago I had issues with zgemma's and powering my Sat motor. I can't remember in which order but it was with a zgemma H5 and a H2. One would spin the motor while the other wouldn't. I've not tried the H9s but I will give it a go later on.
Please let us know how you get on would be interesting to know thanks again

staying on the subject of my motorized set up I tried tuning into some of the west facing sats ie 27.5 22 18 12.5 it goes through frequencies but no channels ?
can i use blind scan on my zgemma H9S box

Lol...right I loaded up catseye full motor settings via DBE and span it 30w 64% snr 1m dish and it picked up channels fine,
I then,
Span it to Alfa TV Bulgaria ch 45.0e snr 77%
So id say the H9s can comfortably a sat motor. Mines an old HH as well.

I've been watching Rai 1 13e for 10 minutes now talking in Italian but their cooking some serious jackbit

I've moved it over to 27.5w and no epg's are loading even though I've got 63% snr. There all uk channels in the bouquets
22w had 1 ch Reuters news HD
18w dead
12.5w not in catseye listing so provably that's dead or to hard to pick up not sure.

13e 19e fine I then manually scanned 22w and it picked up 1 ch Reuters

Last edited:
I've been watching Rai 1 13e for 10 minutes now talking in Italian but their cooking some serious jackbit

I've moved it over to 27.5w and no epg's are loading even though I've got 63% snr. There all uk channels in the bouquets
18w dead
12.5w not in catseye listing so provably that's dead or to hard to pick up not sure.

Im getting 27.5 west about 60 channels with 73% signal strength but nothing says service invalid although it shows its FTA

18w dead

is there a way of doing a blind scan on all satellites with this box as i remember with my old Vu Duo you could can you with these boxes ?
also excuse my ignorance but whats difference between ku band and c band

yeah go in manual scan it's called reception in openATV 6.4 and select all sats "Manual Scan" , never done it myself I would in the old days select a sat 1 at a time then scan it just the ones I needed

Back