Zgemma H9S Red Light

Drox

TK Veteran
I was trying to connect to my box from filezilla today and it gave me the dreaded red light. When I boot it is just stuck on the OpenATV logo.

I have downloaded the latest stable release from Downloads | OpenPLi - Open Source Set-Top Box Software

The instructions that I am using are the following (from here Zgemma - OpenPLi Wiki)
Download an image from: Downloads | OpenPLi - Open Source Set-Top Box Software
  1. Use a USB stick with FAT32 format.
  2. Unpack the ZIP file to the USB stick.
  3. You should see a "zgemma" folder in the root of the USB stick.
  4. Power off the receiver
  5. Plug the USB stick to one of the back panel USB ports. Recommended to remove all other USB connected devices.
  6. Power the receiver on whilst holding down the REAR RESET BUTTON
  7. Once the front Air Digital display logo start to flash White/Red, release the rear reset button and wait, your receiver is now being flashed.
  8. If successful the receiver will reboot it self after the flashing process has completed.
  9. Remove USB stick

The zip that I downloaded does not have a zgemma folder, but it does have a h9 folder - is this ok to use?

I have not tried the usb yet, as I don't want to risk damaging it further if I have done something wrong.

Thanks in advance

If you have openatv on it, why are you installing openpli?
I did a search on here and Google that when you have the red light you need to flash the box again via usb

then I did another search on how to flash with usb

it looks like I’ve done 2 plus 2 and come up with 5

do I follow the same procedure but flash with openatv from usb?

I did a search on here and Google that when you have the red light you need to flash the box again via usb

then I did another search on how to flash with usb

it looks like I’ve done 2 plus 2 and come up with 5

do I follow the same procedure but flash with openatv from usb?
I think you would be better off with openatv yes.
Openatv and openvix are both well supported here so people will be able to answer your questions.
There's not many people use openpli so you would have to wait a long time for answers

I think you would be better off with openatv yes.
Openatv and openvix are both well supported here so people will be able to answer your questions.
There's not many people use openpli so you would have to wait a long time for answers
Thanks, I've downloaded openatv now. The openatv-6 folder is in the root of my usb, is that ok, or should the contents of the folder be here?

Thanks

shud have 3 folders drag all to usb n look in the h9 folder change noforce to force usb in bk hold resetbutton down ,turn on with white button count to 5 n let go of reset ,front lcd should flash red n white , personally i find 8/16 gb usbs do it every time

Back