Zgemma Hs

justme202

As you can all see buy my badge I'm the new kid, hello :)

Right my problem is, the dam thing won't work. Yesterday I had a go at flashing it via usb, how many sticks later lol none worked, I couldn't ftp into it either so I went down the factory reset rout but that failed as well now its looping on boot which leaves me up the creek so to speak

I have never spent anytime playing with box, I purchased from a friend back when sky was alive and when that ended I just used the free view on it but there was quite a few channels missing so in my wisdom I thought I'd destroy it lol unfortunately I'm out of touch with my friend or I would have just let him have the headache.

My intentions was to update and perhaps have a subscription.
tinypic.com
tinypic.com

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thank you for the reply. I will give it ago and report back.
when you unzip the files, rename the file called noforce to force, before adding the files to the formatted USB
also, did you get any error messages or just continually booting? - you may need a new usb stick rather than the older ones

It won't boot from usb its just cycling in boot then loading then boot with same errors.

The usb is not working been trying ages front and back + holding front button in nothing works.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm using Sandisk 16gb now and I must have tried 10 different one yesterday, amazon bringing me one today/tomorrow.

have you formatted them all with FAT32?
did you unzip the flash files and put the entire Zgemma folder on the usb's?
have you tried a different power supply?

Formatted with the hp tool thing to fat 32, yes unzipped, the power supply for what ?

Edit....... I have just ordered a couple more sticks that are recommended from the forum hope it helps because all these sticks I'm buying I could have got a new box :)

Formatted with the hp tool thing to fat 32, yes unzipped, the power supply for what ?

Edit....... I have just ordered a couple more sticks that are recommended from the forum hope it helps because all these sticks I'm buying I could have got a new box :)

The power supply for the box, 12v...you may have several already, modems and quite a few other household gadgets use the same type of power supply, sometimes they don't put out enough power to perform a flash, even though the unit works

The power supply for the box, 12v...you may have several already, modems and quite a few other household gadgets use the same type of power supply, sometimes they don't put out enough power to perform a flash, even though the unit works

That is something I never though of. I actually have 2 of these boxes so I'll give it ago. Thank you.

No still not working :(

I'm the end of my tether with this dam thing, tried another 3 USB drives today, tried them out the box that didn't work then formatted them all and still not working ? must be close onto 10 USB sticks and 4 sd cards wtf is wrong with all these flash drives.

I can't keep buying USB drives ect

Frustrated.com :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I was getting that feeling so i tried a couple of others didn't help, should file be dropped in whole or individual files after unzipping.

once you ownloaded the flash zip, unzip it and there's a folder called Zgemma
put that entire folder on a formatted usb, don't open the folder or subfolders, then flash as normal

once you ownloaded the flash zip, unzip it and there's a folder called Zgemma
put that entire folder on a formatted usb, don't open the folder or subfolders, then flash as normal

That is exactly what I have done, unless there is a corrupted file when I downloaded it. I'm stumped.

I tend to agree with pabloescaban that it looks as though you may have fallen foul to the not preparing the USB correctly before attempting to flash:
A used USB pen drive/stick will need 'extra' prep over a new out of the packet USB, a used USB will require a FULL not quick LOW LEVEL FORMAT with a tool such as HDDGURU after that it will need to be FULL (not quick) fat32 formatted with Windows, A new out of the packet USB only requires a FULL (not quick) Windows fat 32 format, then a flash image can be placed on the USB.
Low level formatting can take a long time to complete depending on the tool you use so it is best to use the smallest capacity USB you can lay your hands on to flash a box, large drives are best used for storage etc but can still be used to flash just be aware it will/may take a long time to prep before you can use to flash.

Last edited:
I would like too thank everyone for your help it as been very much appreciated, I/we managed to flash the bugger, was downloading the wrong firmware, beginners error ;) Now for the next learning curve, I've got lots of reading before I attempt the next move.

I would like too thank everyone for your help it as been very much appreciated, I/we managed to flash the bugger, was downloading the wrong firmware, beginners error ;) Now for the next learning curve, I've got lots of reading before I attempt the next move.

How did you flash the wrong firmaware? - I posted the direct link to openatv a few times.....unless it's not a H2..

Back