Zgemma hs2 stuck on Boot 49

jam1312

Hi folks, please bear with me, I live in Spain and use my Zgemma box to watch FTA channels, recently the box froze with a blue screen saying it had a software issue, I let this run for about 1 hour, I then switched the box off using the power button at the back, I then read some of the advice on here, and tried to reflash using a SanDisc 16gb, the box then goes USB so i pressed the power button till it changed to flash and then it went to boot where it stopped at 49, I tried that 4 times and every time it stops at 49, I'm an old guy who only justs understands some of the jargon on here, do I need to buy a new box or am I doing something wrong, many thanks for any advice.

Disconnect the hdd or usb if you used one for recording see if the box boots up did you download the right open atv for your box extract the zgemma file and change the name of a file from noforce to force then try again low level format the usb stick to flash with first an try to reflash with open atv 6.2 if not try this image GrogBuild - Grogbuild FreeRange for all enigma2 boxes

Thanks so much for fast reply, on the h2s the is only one usb port, I normally have a 1GB external HD for my recordings, so to reflash I have to remove the HD, I don't know how to change the file to noforce and low level format is something new to me, I will try and see how it goes, cheers and good luck in the ECF.

Thanks so much for fast reply, on the h2s the is only one usb port, I normally have a 1GB external HD for my recordings, so to reflash I have to remove the HD, I don't know how to change the file to noforce and low level format is something new to me, I will try and see how it goes, cheers and good luck in the ECF.
You put your usb into pc/laptop for reflashing right click and go down to format and will format it to change the file from noforce to force right click on the file and select rename and change to force put it onto usb put in rear port of box and should reflash then when gets to hdmi setting put the remote down to box go on you computer type your box ip address in Web browser or type http://zgemmah2s webwif will open go down to bottom on left hand side you will see terminal press on that a page will open and will say login as type root then press enter then type this command in
opkg install http://wbuildx.co.uk/ipk.setup then press enter and infinity will start to download then will see a splash screen with infinty behind it then just continue setup as normal

so it's flashed and then started to boot up again? if so turn power off and remove the usb stick used to flash the box from the box and insert the one you normally use to record back in. Now turn it on.

What are you flashing on the box? if just a bare ATV image then by the time it gets to 49 you should see the setup wizard on the tv screen, asking you to select tv output etc, do you see that? if not what do you see on the screen?

so it's flashed and then started to boot up again? if so turn power off and remove the usb stick used to flash the box from the box and insert the one you normally use to record back in. Now turn it on.

What are you flashing on the box? if just a bare ATV image then by the time it gets to 49 you should see the setup wizard on the tv screen, asking you to select tv output etc, do you see that? if not what do you see on the screen?
HI I get a blue screen say a software problem has forced it to shut down, and it stays that way, cheers for your reply.

You put your usb into pc/laptop for reflashing right click and go down to format and will format it to change the file from noforce to force right click on the file and select rename and change to force put it onto usb put in rear port of box and should reflash then when gets to hdmi setting put the remote down to box go on you computer type your box ip address in Web browser or type http://zgemmah2s webwif will open go down to bottom on left hand side you will see terminal press on that a page will open and will say login as type root then press enter then type this command in
opkg install http://wbuildx.co.uk/ipk.setup then press enter and infinity will start to download then will see a splash screen with infinty behind it then just continue setup as normal
Hi thanks for your help, I wont be able to try this out till next week, cheers.

Hi folks, please bear with me, I live in Spain and use my Zgemma box to watch FTA channels, recently the box froze with a blue screen saying it had a software issue, I let this run for about 1 hour, I then switched the box off using the power button at the back, I then read some of the advice on here, and tried to reflash using a SanDisc 16gb, the box then goes USB so i pressed the power button till it changed to flash and then it went to boot where it stopped at 49, I tried that 4 times and every time it stops at 49, I'm an old guy who only justs understands some of the jargon on here, do I need to buy a new box or am I doing something wrong, many thanks for any advice.

Re-flash with Bootloader then re-flash with another image

Attachments

• sh1-bootloader-02.10.2015.zip
    124.9 KB · Views: 38
That's the wrong bootloader for a H.2S
It wouldn't boot up to 49 if the bootloader was faulty anyway though, more likely a skin problem.
The bootloader worked on mine when my h2s wouldn't boot up fully, then I put a new openATV image on it and it has been working since

Big thanks to everyone on here, I’ve OpenATV 6.2 working now, it’s a big change from my previous one, so I think I need to put a new skin on to it for easier navigation, cheers folks, John.

Good morning all,

Sorry to drag up an old post.

But I have dug out and tried to flash my old zgemma h2s this morning.

But I got stuck on this 49 flash screen at the front of the box.

Can anyone recommend how exactly they got past this please?

Good morning all,

Sorry to drag up an old post.

But I have dug out and tried to flash my old zgemma h2s this morning.

But I got stuck on this 49 flash screen at the front of the box.

Can anyone recommend how exactly they got past this please?
It will probably be a failing power supply . Try another of the same spec.

Back