zgemma I55 IPTV box

I've had a h2s for a while and have recently bought a i55 purely to see if iptv performance improves. So far after a few days of testing, the i55 seems slightly better for streaming iptv. The h2s often freezes when watching iptv. I don't use a plugin for iptv, my provider has scripts and a bouquet maker ipk so my iptv populates into my bouquets. I have wooshbuild 6 with sly q on the h2s. On the i55 I tried the iPab tv image, but found it also didn't perform great as it is not a specific i55 image, it still has all the sat stuff in it. I have now flashed the i55 with wooshbuild 7 i55 image and so far am very impressed. No freezes at all so far today! Gonna upgrade the h2s to woosh 7 and see if that helps.

The i55 is an identical box but lacks the tuners so less gets loaded onto the box.

Things like timeshift on the h2s can make a huge difference and could be worth turning it off if you never rewind live TV.

I am pleased you found the WB version for the i55 worth while.

Last edited:
The i55 is an identical box but lacks the tuners so less gets loaded onto the box.

Things like timeshift on the h2s can make a huge difference and could be worth turning it off if you never rewind live TV.

I am pleased you found the WB version for the i55 worth while.

Hey Wooshman! Just want to say, your builds are the business!! I'm really new to all this, only got the h2s in August this year. The learning curve was pretty steep and I've spent a shed load of time fine tuning my enigma2 experience. E-channelizer, putty, filezilla etc. But your WB6 was awesome! I couldn't believe the authenticity of it!!

Anyway, quick question. On the h2s I have integrated iptv channels into my sat channel bouquets and linked the stream references so cross EPG can grab the EPG data for 7 days (my provider only provides 24hr epg). Is there a way to add sat references to the iptv channels on the i55 to get a full 7 day EPG?? Or does in need the sat tuner to get it? Thanks, Nik.

Have you tried using the epg-importer plugin and update the sources,Works with a lot of providers just fine

Hey Wooshman! Just want to say, your builds are the business!! I'm really new to all this, only got the h2s in August this year. The learning curve was pretty steep and I've spent a shed load of time fine tuning my enigma2 experience. E-channelizer, putty, filezilla etc. But your WB6 was awesome! I couldn't believe the authenticity of it!!

Anyway, quick question. On the h2s I have integrated iptv channels into my sat channel bouquets and linked the stream references so cross EPG can grab the EPG data for 7 days (my provider only provides 24hr epg). Is there a way to add sat references to the iptv channels on the i55 to get a full 7 day EPG?? Or does in need the sat tuner to get it? Thanks, Nik.

You should be able to yes. Just add the service references as you did then use EPG Importer instead of CrossEPG.

To save you a bit of time if all your IPTV is in seperate bouquets from sat on the H2S use remote channel stream converter on the i55 to copy your IPTV bouquets from the h2s to the i55, this is providing that you can use the same IPTV subscription on 2 devices.

And just to add, you can't flash the i55 image onto the h2s - Well not can't, as I don't know for sure - BUT DON'T

Ok I won't!! How easy/hard would it be to get a build for the h2s without any sat software, essentially turning it into an i55??
Uninstall AutoBouquet E2 and then delete all the bouquets (TV -> Highlight 1st bouquet -> Menu -> 8) repeat for all bouquets and restart. The drivers for the tuners will still be installed as this is part of OpenATV as standard but it will ignore the tuners.

Love the slick build for i55 wooshman, top job.

Been using your builds since day 1.

Only wish xt-editor v2.10 pre installed didn't blue circle loop the box. But I sorted by putting 2.11 via putty.

Also can't record. But otherwise, top notch as usual.

Love the slick build for i55 wooshman, top job.

Been using your builds since day 1.

Only wish xt-editor v2.10 pre installed didn't blue circle loop the box. But I sorted by putting 2.11 via putty.

Also can't record. But otherwise, top notch as usual.
Why can you not record

If he's using Xtream TV plugin it won't allow Recording I don't think? Could be wrong though as I don't use it myself. If channels are through bouquets then timers can be set and instant record will work as long as you put the box into standby straight away!! If he has Multiroom with his sub then Recording should work no problem through bouquets.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Am using xtream editor 2.11 and it's a multiroom sub.
Storage usb is it back (64gb) and is recognised.
It's just pause/ record function just displays a "X".

Thinking it might be a plugin that's removed from this slipstreamed version.

Am using xtream editor 2.11 and it's a multiroom sub.
Storage usb is it back (64gb) and is recognised.
It's just pause/ record function just displays a "X".

Thinking it might be a plugin that's removed from this slipstreamed version.
Mine does the same on the i55 with the play/pause button, but instant record works fine. On the h2s play/pause works once you copy satellite references to the iptv channels and move them into the 28.2 bouquet. You can pause though by pressing help button then scrolling a few pages to "pause playback"

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Thinking of getting an i55 myself, which build works best for it ? I want the sly epg

thanks
You can add a sly skin with any build you like, grogbuild freerange has the Slyk1 skins installed, wooshbuild infinity has Chabs sky skin, not sure what other builds for the i55 have them available as default but skins can be added

Back