Zgemma i55 Mounted external USD as media/hdd

p17blo

As there doesn't seem to be a forum for the Zgemma i55, I thought i'd stick this question here.

Does anyone have one of these boxes? I have been unable to mount an external USB drive as media/hdd - When I go through the actions of doing this, after reboot it tells me mount is not available. If I setup the mount as anything else (such as media/hdd2, media/sda1) it's fine - I've tried a couple of external USB drives and initalised them to be sure, but it still won't mount.

There is a media/hdd already on the box, but it's in the flash - And I'm now thinking that the i55 is designed to be this way, because it's essentially a streamer, there isn't a need for larger external drives and hdd is mostly just about caching etc.

Can anyone confirm or otherwise?

Paul

ive managed to initialise a USB 32GB into the zgemma i55 using OPENATV - however - i have only been able to record indefinitely as for some reason my EPG wont load up on i55, where as on zgemma h2s it loads up every time

The zgemma i55

Zgemma i55

how did you get on with this I have just bought one and am looking for tips on how to set it up and pref with epg if possible

Am I right in thinking it won't record if there isn't an epg?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Don't forget you will have to load the plugins for epg to work and a standard image is just an image you will have to set it up.

Back