WooshBuild zgemma ip address

jenks15

Whenever i have a power cut etc, or need to turn off my router my ip address changes & my zgemma 4k box goes off, this cannot be altered unless the host updates their end which can be a pain, is there a way around this i have mulitroom on two zgemmas in my house

Your external ip address set by the isp should not matter.

If you log into your router can you not assign an ip address to each box? I have 4 boxes and have been able to assign a permanent ip address for each on the router itself. Who is your isp?

My broadband is with talk talk think the issue i had was that as i was running two boxes i could not have a permanent ip address will look into this though

i have got a bought a seperate router though not a talk talk one

TP-Link AC1200 Wireless Dual Band VDSL/ADSL Modem Router for Phone Line Connections

Last edited:
the boxes use internal IP addresses which are assigned by your router, your external IP address is set by talk talk on your router.

I'll have a look if I can change the isp address then, I did see the isp address of the box yesterday but could not see who to edit it

You haven't said what build you are running but I'm assuming you have access to turn off DHCP within the box.
Do this and the IP of the box should remain static.

Which box my zgemma box? how do i access to turn off the DHCP

Wooshbuild infinity i think i am running

Pretty good normally but 1st time i have had to deal with ip addresses

As I said turn off DHCP.

menu/setup/system/network/device setup/adapter settings/use DHCP= NO.

Box IP will not change.

Apart from being able to access Terminal, there is not much need to know your internal IP address.

Even if the router is rebooted, the internal IP addresses would normally stay the same anyway, as most internal IP leases last for 24 hours, so unless you rebooted right when the lease expires, you are going to keep the same internal IP address.

If you want to keep the same external IP address then, for example, Plusnet (owned by BT) offer a fixed IP address for a one off setup cost of £5.

hi im trying to install whoosh on zgemma h9s. having trouble finding ip address, im not connected via ethernet and i only use phone data for internet (use usb tethering for pc).
any help is appreciated thnx.

hi im trying to install whoosh on zgemma h9s. having trouble finding ip address, im not connected via ethernet and i only use phone data for internet (use usb tethering for pc).
Wooshbuild is way outdated install grogbuild instead you will find that much better and its supported still. Have you setup the wifi connection yet on the box ?

What are you intending using the zgemma for?
Freesat?
Satellite?

Wooshbuild is way outdated install grogbuild instead you will find that much better and its supported still. Have you setup the wifi connection yet on the box ?
yes i can get wifi to the box via my phone. ive tried going thru the process of the whoosh setup guide. i have the ip address now but i cannot use pc to config ip on browser it wont come up when i enter it on address bar. it works when i enter it on my phone however, i then goto terminal butttt after i enter root, i cant type or paste the code!!! it wont let me type anything! so strange im at a lost.

Regarding grogbuild i dont know as i am new this is my first box. all ive heard and read is whoosh so im trying that for my first effort, then i guess i can experiment with grogbuild and others . thnx for your reply and anymore help bud.

if grogbuild u say is the equivalent and better than whoosh, maybe i can give that a try.

What are you intending using the zgemma for?
Freesat?
Satellite?
freesat,, live tv and for things like iptv, stream (i will have to buy a router in the future and plug phone to that via usb) i currently dont have a router. theres more info to my problem if u read my reply to moshibeth above.... thnx for any help in this.

i saw a video where the guy after installing whoosh his interface, skin, channel list , epg just look so much better, more organised and simplistic. currently right now after i done a sat scan i get loadsssss of channels (800+) most are unusable so everything is jus clunky. really i guess i jus want the live tv and the freesat channels nice and neatly.

Last edited:
yes i can get wifi to the box via my phone. ive tried going thru the process of the whoosh setup guide. i have the ip address now but i cannot use pc to config ip on browser it wont come up when i enter it on address bar. it works when i enter it on my phone however, i then goto terminal butttt after i enter root, i cant type or paste the code!!! it wont let me type anything! so strange im at a lost.

Regarding grogbuild i dont know as i am new this is my first box. all ive heard and read is whoosh so im trying that for my first effort, then i guess i can experiment with grogbuild and others . thnx for your reply and anymore help bud.

if grogbuild u say is the equivalent and better than whoosh, maybe i can give that a try.
Grogbuild is better than wooshbuild, it's supported whereas wooshbuild is not.

IPTV probably won't work unless the box is hardwired to the internet.
After you type root, terminal asks for a password.
Have you setup a password on the box?
When you type the password into terminal, it never appears on screen, this is normal, just type it in and click enter, then paste the command line in and click enter again

Grogbuild is better than wooshbuild, it's supported whereas wooshbuild is not.

IPTV probably won't work unless the box is hardwired to the internet.
After you type root, terminal asks for a password.
Have you setup a password on the box?
When you type the password into terminal, it never appears on screen, this is normal, just type it in and click enter, then paste the command line in and click enter again
hi there, i took ur tip and i was able to paste! the command line and and it worked...whoosh came on the box and i proceeded the setup... during midway where initialising it said make sure i have usb stick attached for ready to format, pressed OK to format and it kept crashing with the blue screen on every attempt!! so many times and i cannot get pass that part. i gave up.

I then took your advice and went for Grogbuild, did fresh image clean setup of atv 6.4 (i guess to get rid of whoosh incase it interferes with grog), entered Grogs command line but it wouldnt download said no usb attached!? obviously i made sure several times but thats all it kept saying. plugged it back in pc reformatted it (fat32), but still no difference. ive been at this all day n night but i need to sleep and i shall read any replies when i wake. thnx in advance.

Last edited:
Back