Zgemma? Mag box? Which is the way to go?

Hey all,

If you don't fancy reading the whole thing, basically. Which IPTV provider on which box. Cheers.

new to this and confused to say the least. I've had a bit of frustrating experience with Kodi and seen that my friend has an IPTV service through "***". Was in his the other day after the Liverpool game, watching Stoke's shock result v Arsenal and it only buffered once so I was sold. Is £100 quid for a year about right? I'd be looking at the tenner monthly one first. Also any alternatives would be considered for other IPTV providers.

What is the difference between ZGemma and Mag Box. I was all but sold on the Mag Box 254 but I'm quite cautious with these things and I usually buy from Amazon but noticed that most of them had a few dodgy ratings with things missing like HDMI and UK power supplies. Which one is better? Where would you buy from?

I think that's enough to be going on with now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't name providers in your post. About £100 a year seems to be the going rate... a mag box is best for IPTV I hear.

Don't name providers in your post. About £100 a year seems to be the going rate... a mag box is best for IPTV I hear.

Apologies, won't happen again. Where can I buy a Mag Box from that's trusted? Already decided on the 254 given the 256 doesn't seem a significant upgrade at this time and I may look in to an Nvidia or alternative somewhere down the line.

Mag 256 has a 1.5Ghz processor, it is basically twice as fast as the 254 so I paid the extra.

Really easy to set up, and easy to use.

Just give your server the MAC address off the botton of the box and enter the URL
he sends you, reboot and your done, 5 mins top.

WOS guarantee you always get a genuine box.

Servers packages vary alot. Some sports only, some full sky package, some VOD.

£100 would be about right for full sky plus VOD.

Don't cheap out on your server, you generally get what you pay for.

However somebody will be along soon to tell you they pay £20 a year and it is faultless :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Ha. Thanks man. I went for the 254 only because I'll be looking to upgrade in a few months and the 256 didn't see like it was worth it for me given I won't be running on 4k or anything.

If you could recommend some server packages by PM I'd appreciate that.

Starting to wonder if I should have bought the 256 now, it's definitely not too late but would it really matter given I'm just using it on an HD TV?

There is very little 4K content out there, I have a miraclebox with a 750Mhz processor in and it runs ok.

Just went for the extra power as streaming is constant, not like sat and cable boxes.

We can't mention server names on an open forum it's against the rules. It must be done by PM.

You are right to buy a month at first until you know that the service is good.

There is a request thread here

Last edited:
try as many tests as posible and if you intend using it for football, get a test whenlive prem league is gonna be on because the tests will be fine through the week but as soon as footy starts, they're dogshit
Absalotly true that's best time to try and get a test with everything that's happening at present my mate found that out

Back