GrogBuild Zgemma not loading - Safe Mode?

igazz

Zgemma 5.2tc with Grogbuild
MicroSD for EPG, Timeshift
Ext. USB Hard Drive for Tecordings

Recently I had a blue screen that mentioned infobar fail the next blue screen mentioned device out of space (see attached). Now when I boot, it gets to 49% on the front display then goes back to standby.

Is there a way to troubleshoot my problem, like 'safe-mode' or do I need to reflash?

If not, how do I reflash Grogbuild without losing settings.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20210111_170240.jpg
    20210111_170240.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 9
  • 20210111_173948.jpg
    20210111_173948.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 9
Your box won’t boot if internal memory is full.
Connect to box using putty and run command: df

It will show available memory. FTP into your receiver and delete any unwanted items. Then reboot receiver and try again.

Thanks for the prompt replies.
As my box is going back into standby, I don't know how I can access it using webif/putty which was why I was wondering if there was a windows style 'safe-mode' to get the box up and running so I could get into it to troubleshoot but I guess there isn't???

When it boots and gets stuck at 49% you should still be able to get FTP/SSH access.

I was wondering if there was a windows style 'safe-mode' to get the box up and running
there is no safe mode for these devices but you have a few options to correct it, the simplest would be to power the system off & remove all drives (usb/sd/hdd), then connect a fresh USB that has been formatted into NTFS & see IF the box will boot, if it does you could then connect/mount your previously connected drives & check the system over

Back