Zgemma s2 . Install of fresh update of openvix from zgemma TV.

carpetdaz

I am thinking of installing new flash openvix update from zgemma TV . Firmware 3.2.027 dated 02/12/15 from scratch.
Just a few questions before I take the plunge if anybody can answer.
upon flashing this will the latest Blue HD version 2 or sly skin be availible to download via plugins or will I have to download after manually? ( I am after the one where I can scroll left to right in epg to access different channels sections eg movie / sports / music etc ) as my current one doesn't do this.
if not would I be best using sucmnsee backup instead?
Would I have to reformat my external use harddrive which is currently connected and lose all my recordings.
i know you can't do online updates with openvix for the zgemma S2 but you can with openATV but which is the easiest to install and easiest to use and what are the pro and cons of one above the other?
If I do do a fresh install and get all settings spot on with all thing working perfectly what the best way to do an external backup and make it availible for download on here ?

any help much appreciated .

cheers Daz

perhaps post in the zgemma section and then do some reading in there, at least two of your questions have been answered in there !

Back