Zgemma Star 2S a couple of niggling miscellaneous questions!!

glensorie

Hi all.
Just like to say that my set up is running as smooth as silk and I'm as happy as a pig in the proverbial, thanks to you good people on this very informative and eye opening site.
Also just like to add, I wasn't sure where to post this, here? or on the Cloud Ibox section, perhaps the Zgemma needs its own dedicated section, I'm sure there would be plenty of informative and knowledgable posters.

Quick recap' :- My setup, Zgemma Star 2S running Sucumnsee's Vix image.....nuff said!

You know when you get to that point when you think it's set up perfectly but then you start thinking how can I change this or tweak that? Well this is where I am now...
Enough waffle!!
A couple of questions :-
1/. My box's LED display (front of the actual box) is always showing [-00-]. Is there anyway of changing this display to show the time/or any other activity related display? I've trawled the settings and cannot seem to find anyway to change anything related to it!........Is this a Box or an image issue?

2/. When I switch my Talk Talk box on (cutting the cord as soon as my current contract is up....can't come fast enough!!) the HDMI port associated with it on the telly (Samung Smart model) is automatically selected, ie. I don't need to manually select the HDMI channel to watch Talk Talk... but when I switch my Zgemma box on it doesn't automatically switch over!! (Having to manually select the HDMI channel the box is plugged into!) Again I've set the HDMI CEC settings on the Vix image to what I think is required but to no avail, still got to manually select the HDMI port. Is there a way of doing this or is it a case of I can't see the wood for the trees (it's obvious but can't see it)?

Three questions!! sorry...

3/. I introduced my Father-in-law (80 years old...bless him!) to my setup and, basically, he cannot believe how good it is and more inportantly, with the contacts on here, how cheap it can be. He's been quoted the standard £100 (inferior) box and £10/month but I know this is a bit of a rip off, whereas my setup would potentially only cost (excluding the £85 one off cost for the box) £40 for the year and I know with one of these Enigma2 boxes he wont require constant monthly programme/epg updates, simplicity is the key for him. So, basically, I'm going to sort it out for him, same as mine. The question is, he currently has his tv, phone and broadband with B(pigsty)B. If he cancels his tv contract, would there be any complications or traceability issues with him still having phone and broadband with them? Or is it just the case of, if he doesn't have his phone line connected (which he couldn't physically do anyway) could they trace anything back to him?

Thanks in advance
Glensorie

Any consructive feedback on these issues would be much appreciated
Ciao.........

1- its image related. As vix dont support this box its using modified copy from diff box. Other images front display will work.

2- no. Dont think it can.

3- no its cool. Know multiple people on sky line and bb. Working fine over a year now.

Thanks for that Sucumnsee, I had an idea that the first two could be image related, just needed confirmation.
That's good news Re. Phone and broadband, means he can just cancel Tv and not have to cancel everything and set up again with a different provider.
Cheers again.....
Glensorie.

Last edited:
Thanks for that Sucumnsee, I had an idea that the first two could be image related, just needed confirmation.
That's good news Re. Phone and broadband, means he can just cancel Tv and not have to cancel everything and set up again with a different provider.
Cheers again.....
Glensorie.

I have done the same, cancelled the TV and kept the same BB. No issues so far after 2 month.

Press portal on your remote. Then press green for download plugins
Then click on extensions. Then look for permanent vfd clock Then it should appear in plugin menu and open it and turn the two options from false to true and restart

Back