Zgemma star 2s freeze

sbyrn4

Hi all, hoping someone can help here. Having freeze issues regularly on none fta channels. Running a C line although provider has also given me an N line that I've never managed to get running. Using mtpockets latest image. I've tried all the fixes I can find like restarting network and reflashed box. Any suggestions would be great.
Many thanks!

Yeah, tried pretty much everything. Thanks for reply though.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Managed to get N line running now. Recently installed windows 10 and it automatically saved my files as .txt after editing them. N line works fine. Thought I'd reply back in case any else came unstuck with the same problem.

Getting the same problem I bought a 2 star preloaded with free gift got someone to help me set it up and it's all running normal channels are working fine but all paid for channels are freezing every 10 or 20 seconds for a split second or so not badly but noticeable.. Any suggestions on what to do very new to all this and not very tech minded so will need an an in depth explaination if there is a way around it. Thanks in advanced

You've probably tried already but a router and Zgemma reboot would be a good start. Just so you can rule that out as being a problem. There's other guys on here with more knowledge than me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did my router but not the Zgemma I'll try that...
Does it need fast internet to run it well? We are in the western Isles the broad band isn't what you can get on the mainland.
The only way I can describe the freeze is like when it's windy and the dish moves and the image is broken for a split second.
But it doesn't do it on the normal free view channels

---------- Post Merged at 08:39 PM ----------

Still freezing after rebooting both any other thoughts??

I'd read the guides on here for setting up your box. I know it was ready set up for you but it will give you an understanding of how it works. After that you'll be in a better position to tell us what software you have and what line type. Its taken me a week but I had no knowledge at all before I started and now I know enough to set up from scratch. Good luck :)

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Will there be somewhere on the box settings that will tell me what software I'm using and what line I've got ect... Sorry complete newbie not very technical one at that lol. Great wee machine though wish I new about it before. Your right there's a lot of info hard to make heads or tail of a lot of it thanks for the advise so far

my zgemma 2s keeps freezing, checked my speed and it is 5mbps, could that be the problem ? any help would be very welcome.

did anyone find a fix for this my open box works with no problem but my zgemma star 2s freezes on sd bt sports and some others like good food channels I'm tried everything I could think of plus everything from google but still freezing sly sports sd works fine, can anyone tell me how to check the s/n ratio while watching a channel please as this is my next route of trying to fix the freezing

update most channels are freezing now but playing great on my openbox ecm on the zgemma are 0.184 0.172 0.122 hope:1 s/n between 54% to 68%
I've tried 3 test lines all the same

also tried a manual scan and also tried with tuner a and the b still the same

driving me nuts my zgemma 2s will be in the bin if this carries on

cheers

Last edited:
did anyone find a fix for this my open box works with no problem but my zgemma star 2s freezes on sd bt sports and some others like good food channels I'm tried everything I could think of plus everything from google but still freezing sly sports sd works fine, can anyone tell me how to check the s/n ratio while watching a channel please as this is my next route of trying to fix the freezing

update most channels are freezing now but playing great on my openbox ecm on the zgemma are 0.184 0.172 0.122 hope:1 s/n between 54% to 68%
I've tried 3 test lines all the same

also tried a manual scan and also tried with tuner a and the b still the same

driving me nuts my zgemma 2s will be in the bin if this carries on

cheers

was having same probs this week..if you have a c line use mg cam instead of soft cam 2.3.0...worked for me....google use cline with mg cam and you'll find thread on here....lots say u can't use c lines in mg cam and that's why I'd never tried...but you can...mines running now and freezing as all but stopped...cheers

Back