ZGEMMA-STAR H2 (combo) won't flash or reset, help pls?

i have a zgemma star h2 combo box that am having a few issues with, i've tried to flash with multiple new images but all are ignored when booting (various USB's)
i've tried to ftp to the box but there is a password error and have no idea what the password is and must have been set up by the person who supplied it. (tried the usual base pins but none work)
have tried to factory reset the box but asking for pin and can't get it to work (again tried base pins and usual pins could be)

When connecting via filezilla i get this message

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Command: USER root
Response: 331 Please specify the password.
Command: PASS
Response: 530 Login incorrect.
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server

the image it is flashed with is Virtuosso Image Xtreme by team vix.
Model: Zgemma Star H2
Chipset: BCM7358
CPU: BCM7358A1
CPU Speed: 7515MHz
Cores: 1
Version: 5.1
Skin Name: Blue-HD
Drivers: 2016-01-21
Kernal: 4.0.1
GStreamer: 1.7.1(GIT)
Python: 2.7.9
Installed: 2016-01-29
Last Updated: 2016-01-29
v3.1 by rossi2000 and simonsez

any help would be greatly appreciated

use a low level format tool to wipe the usb stick, then format in fat32. zgemma`s normally like the power button to be pressed when trying to flash a new image.

sometimes there is no password needed or is root root

I had same, i found that using the back usb and keeping it pushed it worked a treat. Also if it comes up usb press the power on button on the front of the box

Good luck

Neil

found a usb that works with flashing, took 7 different usb's but finally found one.lol

my issue now is finding an image that supports cable cccam and has the facility of ftp enabled as everything i try seems to have ftp diabled,
any suggestions wouldn'#t go a miss guys
thanks for all your help

Back