zgemma star s help required please

Johnboy13

hi every one ,

could really do with some help / input from all the knowledgeable techkings on here if possible ?

I bought a zgemma star s box about 4 month ago with 12 months gift fully loaded so was just plug and play easy stuff ,
then I decided to update channel lists on sunday afternoon only when I pressed update it froze the box and boot was stuck on front unable to remove at all .

after reading on here I have re flashed the box using open vix latest image and the box is now up and running again only now ive lost my line .

ive spoke to the seller of the box who as now sent me a email with 12 months CCcam line attached

that's where the problem starts as I really don't know what I'm doing and cant load the line to the box - ive scored around on you tube and watched several videos thinking I could get it loaded but nope !!

ive downloaded FileZilla and connected to the box with the ip address but when I open the sub file etc there is no CCcam folder as I thought I just needed to transfer the file sent by the seller into this folder ??

I'm not the most gifted person when it comes to understanding technology and this has given me a headache for 2 days nows lol , if any of you kind people out there could help a man in need and tell me where I'm going wrong id be very much appreciated

thanks in advance
john

Just drop the file named Cccam.cfg your provider sent you into the etc folder. once you have done that. press the blue button on remote and select softcam manager. highlight the Cccam press the blue button to put a tick to the side of it if not already ticked, then press the green button to start cam. all should be working once you exit the menus.

---------- Post Merged at 09:59 PM ----------

Just drop the file named Cccam.cfg your provider sent you into the etc folder. once you have done that. press the blue button on remote and select softcam manager. highlight the Cccam press the blue button to put a tick to the side of it if not already ticked, then press the green button to start cam. all should be working once you exit the menus.

sorry to be so dumb but could you tell me how to drop the file into the etc folder ?

ive connected to my box through FileZilla and opened up the etc sub folder and I was thinking I could just drag and drop but that doesn't seem to be working
the attachment I received when I place the cursor over it a little blue box appears saying binary file ? ive tried dragging and dropping and also copying to paste but neither working

what am I doing wrong ?

Last edited:
no you dont drag the file open etc folder then in the other window IE-you pc goto where your Cccam.cfg is right click on the file and select transfer or download and it will send it into the box

Back