Zgemma star S stuck in boot loop

Hi Everyone, I've seen a few similar threads but have been unable to get this sorted, so I'm sorry to start a new thread but I'm stumped.

I don't really know what I'm doing, so please talk to me like a five-year-old - if you think things go without saying, they probably need to be said to me! :ROFLMAO:

The box just shows "boot" and switches from red light (blank screen) to green light (used to say Openvix, now says Open ATV because I tried one of the "fixes" I found on here). It doesn't have any set up instructions or anything. We bought 3 of these (ready set up for us dummies) at the same time a few years back. 2 have gone down within a week of each other so I'm expecting the third to follow suit any day now :cry:. Any advice would greatly be received!

Have you tried a different psu power supply unit see if that works if no joy make a note of your box ip address go onto Google and type openatv nightly builds
: format a USB to fat32
: power off your box
: go to air digital select your box model
: download the zip file for your box model
: extract the zgemma file
: open the zgemma file
: change the noforce file to force
: put the zgemma file onto usb
: put usb in rear usb
:power box back on by white button
: you should see it say FLSH
: when it gets to hdmi setting once flashed put remote down
: go onto putty and type your box ip address in press enter
: will say login as type root press enter
:enter all of this command
: opkg install http://wbuildx.co.uk/setup.ipk press enter
: wb infinity will install and just continue setup as normal you will need to install softcam feeds if using a sat line and will need to re enter your iptv details if using iptv

Thanks for your replies.

Baz - where do I find the ip address?
Pablo - Open ATV for a second or two then blank for a second or two - alternates between them

Login to your router might be able to see it in there or reflash with open atv first then once flashed with open atv 6.2 follow my above post then reflash again and follow my first post once you have your box ip address

Baz, when I get to the page for my model there are 3 zip files. I thought I could just pick any of them, so picked the last one as I thought that might be the most up to date one. Did I need to download all 3?

Where I am now - Put the USB in and restarted it. FLSH came up on the front with a red light but TV says no signal. Every couple of minutes the FLSH changes to BOOT, a green light comes on, Open ATV appears on the screen, green light turns red, screen goes blank then BOOT changes back to FLSH and TV says no signal again. Wasn't sure how long this would take, but it's been about 20 minutes so far - is this normal?

no it's not normal, there's a problem with the box, probably the power supply, its a common problem.
use a different one, or try one of the other boxes with the power supply you have.
The router power supply is probably the same type, use that for now to see if you can get the box flashed and order one or three from ebay

my box is stuck on startup open atv box at -00- smeometimes the number gi up but nothing happens can t use control to do anything is it ready for the bucket

Back