ZGEMMA - STAR S stuck in standby

Paulh24

Hi, my friend recently purchased a ZGEMMA - STAR S & I successfully managed to flash it with QUICK vix 3.2.005 16.09.15. & added my line

All has been well for a couple of days then the box started to reboot every few hours or so when he was watching something. I initially thought it was just doing it's updates but got too frequent until it just went into standby & have tried endlessly to bring it out of that state it just won't budge. Red light is on & that's it. I tried a remote access onto the box to try sort it cos we live other ends of country.

We did a reflash from back usb of unit Nothing happened, tried it on front usb & it flashed > rebooted & just went back into standby.

I just don't know what to do now tbh, think it's gonna have to go back to fleabay unless anybody else any suggestions?

All help will be greatly appreciated as always

:thankyou:

fleabay... need anyone say any more.....

These boxes are pretty stable & a flash normally sorts them out when having issues.... have you removed the thin almost invisibly protective film from the box? if not then possibly it is overheating causing it to shut down anything else a flash should have sorted it so possibly a faulty box

Yeah m8, it's in a drafty spot so no chance of overheating. I flashed many a boxes with no issues but this one is just been a pain in the butt.

cheers anyways :)

Did you try another image? I.e Openpli? Might be related with the image and drivers. These boxes are rather stable.

Otherwise a RTM

Back