zgemma star s

abs123

Hi,

My zgemma star s was working fine and then suddenly, the following error came up (thumbnail attached) and then the box just loops. Open ATV image appear but then that error message come on again, then loops again.

I've tried flashing the box with whooshbuild and open atv software but nothing. Box doesn't seem to recognise the USB as from what I've read USB should appear on the front panel.

Is there a layman's guide on how to sort this (like an really really reeaaalllyyy simple idiots guide)? Can you carry out a hard reset bypressing some button?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0397.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0397.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 42
Hi,

My zgemma star s was working fine and then suddenly, the following error came up (thumbnail attached) and then the box just loops. Open ATV image appear but then that error message come on again, then loops again.

I've tried flashing the box with whooshbuild and open atv software but nothing. Box doesn't seem to recognise the USB as from what I've read USB should appear on the front panel.

Is there a layman's guide on how to sort this (like an really really reeaaalllyyy simple idiots guide)? Can you carry out a hard reset bypressing some button?

Thanks in advance.

did you format your usb to fat 32 before flashing?

No, you can't do a hard reset by pressing a button - the only way is to reflash the box. Persevere with it and you'll get there - I had a Star-2S that was stubborn and didn't wanna flash with any back up images on here but a standard version of OpenATV from zgemma.tv worked.

Make sure you extract the complete zgemma folder from the download and just put that on the usb. Make sure the folder within the zgemma folder contains a file called force - if it says noforce then simply rename it to force. Try both front and rear usb ports in the box. Try formatting the usb drive. Try another usb drive - the zgemma's are funny with certain cheapo brands (eBay specials) and also prefer small usb drives to flash 1gb-4gb ideally.

No, you can't do a hard reset by pressing a button - the only way is to reflash the box. Persevere with it and you'll get there - I had a Star-2S that was stubborn and didn't wanna flash with any back up images on here but a standard version of OpenATV from zgemma.tv worked.

Make sure you extract the complete zgemma folder from the download and just put that on the usb. Make sure the folder within the zgemma folder contains a file called force - if it says noforce then simply rename it to force. Try both front and rear usb ports in the box. Try formatting the usb drive. Try another usb drive - the zgemma's are funny with certain cheapo brands (eBay specials) and also prefer small usb drives to flash 1gb-4gb ideally.

tried this and nothing

tried this and nothing

How many usb drives have you tried? ... I used 3 or 4 different ones of varying brands and sizes before I managed to flash an old Star-2S that was stuck on boot... as said though - persevere and you'll do it.

tried this and nothing
Do a reflash to a basic image as @ste says zgemma star 2s can be temperamental with usb best to reflash then take it from there but make a note of your line details if using remaing sat channels as well as iptv

As per post #7, if you persevere with it then you'll sort it - it's just a matter of trying various pen drives of different brands and sizes with different firmware.

You also have the option of trying to format the usb drives / low level format with hdd guru etc.

Do a reflash to a basic image as @ste says zgemma star 2s can be temperamental with usb best to reflash then take it from there but make a note of your line details if using remaing sat channels as well as iptv

I tried but nothing. if possible, could you send the link to the zgemma star 2 box. really struggling.

apologies if you thought I was "hijacking" this thread .
Was after advice from what I was thought friendly folk . My mistake it seems.

You haven't hijacked a thread and as you are a relatively low poster on the forum I can understand why you have asked on this post. Click on forum and scroll down the page until you see the box type you have, then start a thread. You'll get the hang of it just like we all did when new to the forum, enjoy your time on TK

If you jump in on someone else's thread, it gets rather confusing - especially if issues are not related so it's much better to start your own thread then you'll get the help / advice you seek.

Hi That was the reason for me posting I was having the exact same issues . Just mine seemed to appear after installing IPTV .
Maybe be coincidence ?

Hi That was the reason for me posting I was having the exact same issues . Just mine seemed to appear after installing IPTV .
Maybe be coincidence ?

The person who started this thread didn't mention anything about installing iptv, they just need help re-flashing their box.

Also, there's countless reasons why a box would blue screen so there's very little chance you have / had the same issue - Will your box not boot up properly now either?

Mine has just did the exact same thing. Had paused on C4 then it froze and had began looping. Oh well.

Reflash it is

Back