zgemma star s2 help

hey guys was wondering if any 1 could help me out just got a zgemma star s2 box and the pitcher keeps breaking up on the channels you pay for i setup my open box on the same satelite line and that works fine so dont think is my satilite signal but cant realy be sure dont realy no much about satelite recivers is there a quick fix to my problem

Breaking up as in freezing mate if it is its usually your Internet or your server you get your line of the only way to check is to get a test line see if it continues if it dosent you no its your server.
**before changing lines always have a copy of your original **

ok cheers man thank for the help ill have to try and get hold of the guy who sold it to me i dont realy no how to do any of that lol thanks anyway pal

Just use a FTP program like Filezilla or Dreambox Control Centre to remote access your box from your PC, then head to user/keys or /etc and copy your line to your PC

Last edited:
cheers guys for help i tryed my box up my sisters and it worked fine i tested my broad band speed that was 28 mbps could it be my satilite signal it keeps jumping from 71 to 61 ?

If you signal is that low then you need to look at getting your dish aligned correctly, you can do it yourself with small movements and watching the signal strength on your box to watch it increase, >90 should solve any issues

Some signals will go as low as 35%snr and still work.
Try rebooting ur router once a week. Max speed doesnt really matter as much as a stable connection

thanks for all your help guys im up and running now can any 1 tell me how to setup external hard drive for recording please i just bought a 1 tb hard drive and dont no how to set it up thanks

Box off
Hdd in
Box on
Menu
Setup
System
Storage devices
Initialisation
Select ur drive
Red to initialise

Menu
Setup