ZGemma stuck on boot

lilolme

Hi all

As per title - ps..I have looked up similar threads on here but they all mention this problem while trying to flash a new image - so I'm just a little confused!!

My OH did an update and reboot as the channels were freezing badly - he has done this before and it has all been ok. Today, it has failed to reboot and the front of the box says 'boot' and doesn't do anything. I have tried turning the box on and off several times to no avail.

Could someone please help me with this problem??

Many thanks

LILOLME

Very same thing has happened to me about 15mins ago, I cant get mine to run either.

I tried to make a new image of the box and it failed so I tried a restart, its now stuck at boot on the front panel display???

---------- Post Merged at 04:20 PM ----------

I re-flashed box with sucmnseevix4,1,001zgemma2s-release-5.3.0-20160824_014014.zip last week if it helps, I saw on here that there were a few problems with the latest image but this version was ok..??

SNAP!!! Wll not mine a mates zgemms 2s has done exactly the same. ive tried to reflash but light changed from red to green but still got `boot` on the display. Cant get anything to work. Formatted usb slow, Used a different usb, used a different build but nothing

SNAP!!! Wll not mine a mates zgemms 2s has done exactly the same. ive tried to reflash but light changed from red to green but still got `boot` on the display. Cant get anything to work. Formatted usb slow, Used a different usb, used a different build but nothing

What image are you running.? It looks like I have loaded the latest sucmnseevix4,1,001 version by mistake (dated 2016082).

Not sure what to do next but I would imagine i will need to flash with an earlier version (which I have on a usb stick) got one question if I do this though, will the settings back up I made recently be ok to load on the older image?

I done his box ages ago with openvix-4.1.016.release-zgemma-star-2s_usb and its been fine. hes messed with it doing update and when hes rebooted it that's all the lcd says now is `boot`. ant flash it with old or new image. I have read on another post you need to download hddguru, do a low level format then format slow with windows then load your image on and flash. I'm trying that now and will post results when finished

First thing don't bother with vix, it's not official firmware, secondly doing updates to a vix image will bugger it up.
Thirdly stick to an ATV image of you can't trust your mates to leave the box alone then at least if updates are done then there is no harm done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right guys above. Ive sorted it. You need to download hddguru and do a low level format on your usb stick, then do a slow windows format (not quickformat), then add your zgemma image and it will flash

Hi guys only advice I can give is if you have flashed an open atv image and still stuck on BOOT maybe try a vix image like sucmnsee . if still stuck on BOOT remove the HDMI and if possible the wifi dongle .this worked for me

Back